Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Who's got the better shot?
Lens: DA*16-50 Camera: k-5 
Posted By: aleonx3, 07-27-2015, 11:46 AM

Recovering some of the photos I lost due to a hard drive crash a year ago, I found some interesting shots I had with my k-5/DA* lens from my wedding shot photos. I was one of the guests and as a courtesy, I just let the pro wedding photog do her job (she is on this photo). Interestingly, all the others are Canon shooters but unfortunately I have not seen any photos from them for this particular moment (I am sure they had taken the shots); so I still think that they may better shots than mine, I don't know...

If some of you have shot weddings before, this venue "hosts-going-around-the-tables-for-the-toasts" is probably one of the toughest to shoot.

Last edited by photolady95; 07-27-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: link removed; Moderator actions pertaining to your own posts may only be discussed privately.
Views: 878
07-27-2015, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
If some of you have shot weddings before, this venue "hosts-going-around-the-tables-for-the-toasts" is probably one of the toughest to shoot.
Yep, you got that one right.
07-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Yep, you got that one right.
Thanks, I found another photo, and wonder why the photog is behind the bridal party... hmm, I am more doubtful now that she may not have any photos of this venue. Arh... may be I was in the way....

07-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bouncing flash without card, is it really better?

07-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Bouncing flash without card, is it really better?
I think pulling up the white card (catch-light) is better. I am glad you asked. If I recall, I used the 540FGZ with omni bounce and a DIY "catch light" card backing rubber banded to the swivel head. For the DIY card, I use a plain white paper taped with a slightly heavier black paper on the back; then use a rubber band to wrap around the flash head to act as catch-light because with the omni bounce, you can not pull out the built-in white card.

However, I don't need to use this setup any more since I bought the 360FGZ II flash which has a front LED to replace the catch-light card function.
« Wasp v. Fly | 645z »