Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 kit lens photographs from close to my house
Posted By: little laker, 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Some of you folks are about to curse me for this, but I took my mountain bike out for a short ride over to a park just moments from my house.

Where I shot this little waterfall.

I know that I don't usually do long exposures, however I realize that some people love them.
I used an ND4 filter on the 18 - 55mm kit lens for the effect.

And this bridge is in the same park.

No filters for this one, just the kit lens on it's own.

The data should be intact.

If anyone comes up for a visit they could easily walk to the park in less than 5 minutes. Or just borrow my mountain bike. You can see the sign from my door.
Views: 1,452
06-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You live in such a lovely place, Stu. Amazing.
06-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Our mountains are made of concrete and steel. They call them overpasses around here. Very cool place. I'm a tad jealous. Nice pictures too. I'd love to walk to whereever that bridge leads.
06-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Your own slice of heaven in your backyard

Nice

cheers

06-16-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice shots Stu - I like the long exposure on the small creek well done. Nice to have so much green around.
06-16-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice shots Stu. I really like the water fall. You are very lucky to have such a place so close to where you live.
06-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I'm about to head out in the other direction. But will hopefully have some more photographs to share with you soon enough.

I should watch out, if I keep on showing everyone how beautiful it is here everyone will want to move up.

06-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
BPT
Veteran Member

I quite like these pictures

Last time I was in your neck of the woods I visited Millennium Park and found it quite nice.

Everybody if you want to move somewhere beutiful move to the Okanogan where little laker is, where I live in the West Kootenays it is just plain ugly
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
Igilligan

My little waterfall...

It shoots out of a frogs mouth into a 4' x 7 cement pond...
You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.
A short bike ride away from me is a mall! haha

I was envious of a man who lived by a waterfall, till I met a man who had no cement pond...
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

i don't know why people curse the kit lens. I enjoy it. it's solid pentax glass, and takes great pics. no it's not really that versatile, but it's a good in between lens.
nice pics.
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #11
Damn Brit

Good work Stu. I think I will have to pay a visit sometime and by the look of things I probably won't want to leave. Yet again fine examples of what good value the Pentax kit lens is compared to the other guys.
Gary
06-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BPT Quote
I quite like these pictures

Last time I was in your neck of the woods I visited Millennium Park and found it quite nice.

Everybody if you want to move somewhere beutiful move to the Okanogan where little laker is, where I live in the West Kootenays it is just plain ugly
Thanks Brad,
I'll admit that I live in a more scenic area, but your countryside is still beautiful. And you have bigger trout in the Columbia River there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
It shoots out of a frogs mouth into a 4' x 7 cement pond...
You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.
A short bike ride away from me is a mall! haha

I was envious of a man who lived by a waterfall, till I met a man who had no cement pond...
Thanks Gus,
I probably shouldn't mention that we have a cement pond here as well. Although I haven't gone in it yet.
When I say cement pond I am of course referring to a swimming pool
I wonder what they'd say if I set the camera up there

QuoteOriginally posted by Morbo Quote
i don't know why people curse the kit lens. I enjoy it. it's solid pentax glass, and takes great pics. no it's not really that versatile, but it's a good in between lens.
nice pics.
Thanks Dan,
In all honesty I haven't used the kit lens since one day last fall, but in my opinion it's one of the most important lenses in my camera bag.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Good work Stu. I think I will have to pay a visit sometime and by the look of things I probably won't want to leave. Yet again fine examples of what good value the Pentax kit lens is compared to the other guys.
Gary
Thanks Gary,
Your more than welcome here any time.