Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Clouds on Le Grand Ferrand
Lens: Pentax DA 18-55mm WR Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Rognon, Haute-Alpes, France ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: clockworkrat, 08-01-2015, 05:17 PM

Taken on July 20th. Post with Darktable 1.6.7. I've got a panorama from the same location which I might post up at some point.

This holiday involved a whole lot of haze. If I'd had a yellow or red filter I might have done a bit of black and white, but I didn't so my cheap-ass circular polariser had to make do most of the time.

When we were walking up we were wondering where all the cloud was coming from because the forecast said it should be clear everywhere all day. Once we got a bit higher we could see the air coming from the North hitting the Alps and dropping clouds all over the place, and in this photo we can see a section of the blanket they settled at.
Views: 756
08-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Saw your other Flicker pics. Very good work. This photo gives me the illusion that the lower portion is under water. Very cool! France never ceases to amaze me with the geographic diversity and beauty.
08-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by plantej Quote
Saw your other Flicker pics. Very good work. This photo gives me the illusion that the lower portion is under water. Very cool! France never ceases to amaze me with the geographic diversity and beauty.
Aye, it's a long way from home to get to the good bits by car, but more than worth it. Those Alpine meadows as well!
08-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely.

08-02-2015, 05:42 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shot.