Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

some photos from a hockey Game this weekend, I welcome critiques
Posted By: mi2nc, 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Please make suggestions. I am learning this shooting in an ice rink. I shot at 2.8 f-stop. i ws hoping that would stop the action, even if it gave me a shallow DOF. I have another hockey tournament this weekend and would like to improve my shots.

Last edited by mi2nc; 02-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Views: 2,827
06-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
The goalie is going for the poke check but is forgetting to keep his glove up. And we don't much like it when people only bring red, black or white jerseys to play.

I know. Not the kind of critizisms you were hoping for.
The good thing is that the goalie is not mine. As for red,white, and black; that is what the kids were issued.

06-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #17
SouthShoreRob

These second shots are definitely better and show a great deal of improvement. Now, given what you have improved on, it's just time to shoot away like crazy and see if you can move it up another notch. Also, if you have the opportunity to rent the DA*200mm instead, you should give that a go. That's what I use mainly (the FA version) and thus it allows me to better isolate the players.
06-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #18

Original Poster
SSRob,

I agree with you, I thought the 135 would be long enough. Alas no luck. the 200 will wait until next season as this weekend is the last tournament of the year.