Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
The Puddle Next to My Office
Lens: SMC Pentax K 35mm f/3.5 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Burnaby, B.C. ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/30s 
Posted By: chmance, 08-07-2015, 02:02 AM

Vancouver is "Raincouver." So puddles are everywhere during half the year when rain is the norm. The colourful submerged leaves and the reflections of the bare trees silhouetted against the rare clear blue winter sky were a welcome break from the dreary colour palette of winter here.

I used the SMCP K 35mm f/3.5 possibly at f/5.6 without any polarizer. What reviews say about the lens is true: it is contrasty!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,018
08-07-2015, 04:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The leaves remind me of oil spots. Well spotted.

Tim
08-07-2015, 04:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
What reviews say about the lens is true: it is contrasty!

Very cool--I'll be looking forward to a lot of samples from this lens...my own "K" LBA is fully engaged, but so far I've managed to live with the gap between my 28/3.5 and 55/1.8.
08-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
The leaves remind me of oil spots. Well spotted.

Tim
Thanks Tim for the comment. Seeing puddles here for 180 days a year, I can't help but develop an eye for the different kinds of puddles just as people in the North develop an eye for the different kinds of snow and ice

---------- Post added 08-07-15 at 09:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Very cool--I'll be looking forward to a lot of samples from this lens...my own "K" LBA is fully engaged, but so far I've managed to live with the gap between my 28/3.5 and 55/1.8.
Hi CreationBear,

Thanks for the comment.

Here is one of the latest photos from the same lens https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/300900-nature-gorgeou...ml#post3332813

If you see one, do grab it. However, I rarely see it in the internet these days. In fact, there is none on ebay today but I did see the SMC Takumar version.

Regards,

Charlie

08-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chmance Quote
do grab it

Thanks for the link--it's a lens that really loves "blue" it seems...very useful no doubt in your part of the world.
08-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very attractive shot.
08-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Thanks for the link--it's a lens that really loves "blue" it seems...very useful no doubt in your part of the world.
Yes, it's perfect too for capturing people with winter blues . I think it is in the same league as the K 28 f/2.5, which I happen to have too, in rendering deep blues even without polarizing filter.

---------- Post added 08-07-15 at 05:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by plantej Quote
Very attractive shot.
Thanks plantej. That photo is upside down of the original.

Last edited by chmance; 08-07-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
06-29-2018, 06:35 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Vancouver is "Raincouver." So puddles are everywhere during half the year when rain is the norm. The colourful submerged leaves and the reflections of the bare trees silhouetted against the rare clear blue winter sky were a welcome break from the dreary colour palette of winter here.

I used the SMCP K 35mm f/3.5 possibly at f/5.6 without any polarizer. What reviews say about the lens is true: it is contrasty!
Almost psychedelic!
07-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #9
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

interesting effect here good one!
« Morning | Max »