Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Paid Advertisement
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Woods of Otis ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-09-2015, 09:08 AM

Otis gave me .50 cents ( I think he found it on the local playground?) to post this shot taken the other day in 104F temps. He wanted everyone to know the determination, fortitude, and inner strength of handsome squirrels under all sort of adverse conditions. He managed to stay in that sweltering hot-box for over 30 minutes to insure that not a single sunflower seed was left for any other critter or flying "waste of space" birdie.

It was hard for me to even step out for a moment, so I shot this through my office windows....the look on his face shows the disgust at my weakness and failure to get out there and get up closer in that blazing sunlight.

Now a little advertisement of my own......We have a new thread over in the Lounge, and I want to invite everyone to visit it and drag and drop a few shots anytime you are feeling a little Ugly. It's right handy (probably left handy too?) and it is fun to see what others post at random and wonder what they were thinking or just admire the good and laugh at the bad. No work required, or allowed, it's pretty much like drag and drop.....works when you are in a hurry or just feeling lazy! Take a look around there...it's free!

Best Regards!
Rupert
Views: 990
08-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Gee....I hate to reply to my own post, but it looks like someone might give Otis a thumbs up for his high degree of sacrifice on behalf of his own self interest? Not just everyone would go to such extremes....would they?

Anyhow, try to drop off a few shots here......you don't have to be Super Ugly to drop off a few, in fact you don't have to do much of anything but slip them in the slot! It's an Equal Opportunity Thread......open to all!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html
Regards!
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Poor Otis can't even sweat.
08-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure Otis doesn't think he's in an outhouse? I bet he's just constipated.

You really need to put some newspapers in there for the poor squirrel to read while he's doing his business...

08-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Poor Otis can't even sweat.
I reckon it was 120F in that box.......enough to cause brain damage, but Otis has such a big brain, he says it wouldn't affect him.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Are you sure Otis doesn't think he's in an outhouse? I bet he's just constipated.
Anything is possible, but I think he was more interested in seeds going in than seeds coming out!

You guys drop in here and drop off a few shots, it's so easy! You don't have to be Ugly, although it helps. Just drop some shots off and go on your merry way...what could be easier?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html

Regards!
08-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis gave me .50 cents ( I think he found it on the local playground?) to post this shot taken the other day in 104F temps. He wanted everyone to know the determination, fortitude, and inner strength of handsome squirrels under all sort of adverse conditions. He managed to stay in that sweltering hot-box for over 30 minutes to insure that not a single sunflower seed was left for any other critter or flying "waste of space" birdie.

It was hard for me to even step out for a moment, so I shot this through my office windows....the look on his face shows the disgust at my weakness and failure to get out there and get up closer in that blazing sunlight.

Now a little advertisement of my own......We have a new thread over in the Lounge, and I want to invite everyone to visit it and drag and drop a few shots anytime you are feeling a little Ugly. It's right handy (probably left handy too?) and it is fun to see what others post at random and wonder what they were thinking or just admire the good and laugh at the bad. No work required, or allowed, it's pretty much like drag and drop.....works when you are in a hurry or just feeling lazy! Take a look around there...it's free!

Best Regards!
Rupert
this is amazing! ahhaha

What a glutton