Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1956 Pink Plymouth Bellvedere
Lens: SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 Camera: Spotmatic F Photo Location: Heritage Centre, UK ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Cuthbert, 08-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Few shots of a pink Belvedere I found in a Transit raid (!!!), the lighting wasn't perfect but I liked this 50s pinup and I tried to make good use of the Takumar bokeh (first one was at f8 the others are taken at f1.8 and close range).

I also used a SMC skylight filter and the film was Portra 160, from my recollection the car looked more...pinkish in real life.

Views: 1,397
08-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A good series of shots ............. nice and sharp.
08-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Autos of that ear had so much style, compound curves, tailfins, chrome. Great captures.
08-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the color is Briar Rose, and that's a fairly accurate representation.
1956 Plymouth Fury Plaza Belvedere Savoy 56 Paint Chips Sherwin Williams 2 | eBay

08-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments guys, I thought the colour was a sort of chewing gum pink and that the shade was due to the yellowing of my Takumar but if you say it's correctly who am I to disagree?
08-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad had a 56 that looked exactly like this, but it was a Fury. it was the first car I ever drove and well named, It was crazy powerful. The color is how i remember it.
08-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Great shots. You gotta love the color of cars from that era. Now you get your choice of various shades of gray with trendy names. Back then car colors were all over the place. I wish we'd see more colors now. The most recent car I bought was in 2009, and I wanted something in a red or burgundy shade. Nothing doing. I'd have to wait months for that. So I got, surprise, metallic gray just like everyone else.

08-11-2015, 01:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeepThrob Quote
My dad had a 56 that looked exactly like this, but it was a Fury. it was the first car I ever drove and well named, It was crazy powerful. The color is how i remember it.
Oh yes the Fury, the Evilest Car Ever.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Great shots. You gotta love the color of cars from that era. Now you get your choice of various shades of gray with trendy names. Back then car colors were all over the place. I wish we'd see more colors now. The most recent car I bought was in 2009, and I wanted something in a red or burgundy shade. Nothing doing. I'd have to wait months for that. So I got, surprise, metallic gray just like everyone else.
True...the Conformist Metallic Gray is taking over.

Some people think I'm weird because I drive a red car.
08-11-2015, 01:59 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Life is too short to drive boring cars, and most cars today look alike. My A to B daily drivers are some shade of silver gray, but my Mustang is a deep shade of green.
The car above was probably close to stock, direct from the dealer. I love that color.