Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Gardner
Lens: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Camera: K3 
Posted By: Mallee Boy, 08-14-2015, 12:01 AM

A couple of mild days has got me out in the garden.
So....picture this....here I am , sun shining, planting some tomatos when right behind me is this shriek...

Name:  AAAC8696.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  220.8 KB

Talk about take a few years off a bloke !! I turn to come face to face with this water fowl, who is keen to offer me some gardening advice, unfortuneatley no camera was within easy reach so this first encounter went un-recorded. Anyway later in the day I was planting some more when the gardener returned, very keen to inspect my work, and I fear sample some of it.

Name:  AAAC8698.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  237.6 KB

In attempt to head this off I had put some netting over the mornings planting effort, which the gardner had a good look at and seemed to approve.

Name:  AAAC8704.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  252.4 KB

Anyway, I continued working while the gardner picked away at soursobs, not seeming to mind my presence at all. It will be interesting to see if his taste turns to other things, but for now he seems happy to pick weeds, for which I am very grateful.

Name:  AAAC8708.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  472.7 KB

But for now I have a gardening buddy.

Name:  AAAC8716.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  428.2 KB

Views: 756
08-14-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Glad to see you've got them too..(or we've got yours... )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukeko

I am shooing off a half dozen each morning from the chicken's tucker but as soon as my back is turned the blighters are back...
08-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You don't see anything like that around herein the wild. Last one is my fav.. Cool!!