Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Disc Golf and Camping Outing
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 08-18-2015, 07:24 AM

I haven't posted here in a while, I've been busy working and doing other projects, so my photography had been taking a back burner.

But, this weekend I took out one of my projects, a Four Wheel Camper I rebuilt from the bones, to see how it works. (if you are interested, you can see my rebuild thread here: Keystone Rebuild - Narrow Floor Pack, Redo Interior, Paint Exterior - Four Wheel Camper Discussions - Wander the West )

My Dad, brother in law and nephew came along and we did some disc golfing, camping and exploring. First, we hit a disc golf course in the mountains. It was fun, but the course wasn't as good as some of the other mountain courses I've played.

Here's Dad trying to make a tough putt.

Disc Golf and Camp 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

After disc golfing, we headed out to some forest service roads and tried to find a camping spot.

This one should work

Disc Golf and Camp 5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Disc Golf and Camp 7 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Disc Golf and Camp 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Disc Golf and Camp 6 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

It rained pretty good over night and I'm happy to report the camper is water tight!

The next day, we had some pancakes and bacon cooked on the stove in the camper (sure beats cooking over a backpacking stove!). Then we headed out for some exploring. We drove a total of 60 miles of dirt looking for some more camping locations for future use. Seen some moose and deer and found this thing to climb.

Disc Golf and Camp 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

It had some decent views. Looking north/east.

Disc Golf and Camp 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

For the first outing, the camper did great! There are a few things I need to address to make it better though. I need to buy a 2" base layer of foam for the overcab bed as the 3" memory foam is too soft and you end up hitting the plywood on certain parts of your body. I also had to slightly alter the way the seat back was attached as it popped off when driving rough roads (completed that yesterday). I also need to make a couple of small shelves to mount behind the bench seat and above the cooking area so that there is more storage space for small every day items.

Lastly, I need to finish the cabinet doors and drawers (I'll be doing that today).
Views: 896
06-23-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was searching something else and came across this thread. Man, that Frisbee Golf basket is a challenge, lol
06-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a lot of fun. I miss Colorado, especially this time of year.