Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How close can I get....
Lens: 18-135 WR Camera: K50 Photo Location: Wethersfield, CT ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: joebarfly, 08-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Just seeing how close I can get with my kit 18-135 wr. While simultaneously browsing Macro lenses. Now I know what you all mean by LBA!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 964
08-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Now I know what you all mean by LBA!
Aye and she's a cruel Mistress that LBA one.
08-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you're serious about SERIOUS macro photography..... cut to the chase and get your hands on a SMC Pentax-FA 100mm f:2.8 macro! Of course, that's just MY opinion and it's certainly NOT to say that there aren't others that are close to OR as good as.... or maybe, just maybe even a little BETTER, but it certainly runs in that crowd.

For the better part of two years, I tried to get superior results with less than superior lenses..... and it didn't happen. Finally, I bit the bullet, spent the money and got a pristine copy of this magnificent lens for my very own. The old adage about "The best ALWAYS costs more" holds true once again!

SMC Pentax-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
08-23-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I got some close up filters for like 10 bucks to dabble with.........well I now want a tamron 90/2.8 when I get funds......but close up filters introduced me to macro photography.....(high fstop and using flash).......have gotten good enough for me results but those results compel me to get a dedicated lens......so for the cheap a great way for me to discover if macro is for me or not......and it is!!!