Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Complete Wedding Album
Posted By: MJB DIGITAL, 06-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Hey guys.

I just finished the first album by MJB DIGITAL (my company) that really pleases me layout-wise.

I'm super stoked and I'll definately be getting a sample for myself. (Hardcover Asuka with a dustjacket)

Care to check it out? Critique isnt necessary but I would like to hear it if you have nitpicks. And if you critique, go ahead and critique hard.

31 Spreads
album.Eric and Julie's Wedding Album on Flickr

Album on a SlideshowAlbum on a Slideshow

Thanks for Looking

Mitch
Views: 3,621
06-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #2

Took a look at the album. I think they look great. I really like how you placed the photos on top of those backgrounds. I hope my wedding pics when I get married this September turn out that good.
06-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
congratulations on your engagement, man 8)

your photography will be great as long as the photographer gets it composed, focused and exposed.

do you have a link to the photographer you hired?
06-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hey Synnyster,

I checked out some of your posts...

this shot of yours is RAD 8) http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/2359151663_123c60670d.jpg

I have a thing for groomsmen shots

06-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yo Mitch, nice shots, what church is that? It looks familiar to me.....
06-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
St Stanisclaus on North 20th. It is the rebel church, you may have heard about it in the media:

STLtoday - St. Stanislaus parishioners debate future of priest

I never new about the fame this church has till the wedding.
06-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ahhhh, ok, nope, I was thinking it was sacred heart in V P, actually, when i was just a lil tyke, I lived very close to St Stanislaus, sure as hell wouldn't wanna live in that neighborhood now. Was at N. 20th and Angelica. Not a very friendly place now from what I hear, lol

06-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
it seemed pretty nice when i was there. I locked my car anyway. Thats prolly the safer bet in that neighborhood.
06-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

i was talking about the neighborhood where i lived, lol, it was not SUPER close to that church, but in that general area
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
hey Synnyster,

I checked out some of your posts...

this shot of yours is RAD 8) http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/2359151663_123c60670d.jpg

I have a thing for groomsmen shots
Thanks. Here is the website to the photographer we are using:

http://www.qcweddingphotography.com/
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ahhh yeah man, they look great. no worries. 8)

just...during the middle of the day when you get tired, just hang in there and work with the photographer and you will get better stuff.

congrats again!
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have to say my favorite is the group of guys with the cigars. You do great work Mitch and I like the way you put it all together too. My knees are starting to knock with the responsibility of shooting my oldest son's wedding on June 28th. I've only shot one other wedding and that was over 5 years ago. My biggest regret about the whole thing is that I'll be with the bride taking photos of her getting ready when I would also like to be at home with my son too. Not that he needs me there or anything, just a mom thing I guess.
Thanks for sharing your album Mitch. You've given me some good ideas. I hope you don't mind me using a few. You know what they say about imitation being the highest form of flattery ya know?
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #13

i took a look at the slideshow very nice pics. However, i find that placing small pics into a larger pics somewhat of a distraction but that just me. If your client's happy with it, its all that count. Plus what do I know, I don't own any company... ;D
06-20-2008, 03:34 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Mitch, the presentation is most excellent and the shots are what I would say representative of the day. The cigar shot is quite nice but there are others which are just as nice.

The church looks beautiful and from the looks of it, it lends itself well to weddings and the associated photography. I really like the group shots - so much space.

You make wedding photography look so simple - you were all over the place and looks like you got so much co-operation from everyone. Did you say you knew these people or they were just clients.

There was only one thing which bothered me, minor as it was and that, was the bride's shoes in front of the door - personal opinion, they're out of place.

Would you explain this for me:
QuoteQuote:
I'm super stoked and I'll definately be getting a sample for myself. (Hardcover Asuka with a dustjacket)
Mitch, with this type of work, you got a great future buddy, good luck. As if you need it.
06-20-2008, 03:44 AM   #15
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent work Mitch. Well put together also. You have a future in this. would you care to share the gear you took along with you for this job?