Posted By: scott-devon, 06-18-2008, 10:52 PM

Views: 2,007
06-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Very nice!
--
dbh - Going against the flow; living in the City working in Devon...
06-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice series Scott - good bokeh what lens ?
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Dbh - that is definitely "against the flow". Then again... I bet you laugh at the traffic going the other way. I work 5 am. to 1 pm weekdays so I get to travel in and back between the usual rush hours, gotta love it! Maybe I'll bump into you around town.

THanks Dave, all were taken with the Bigma. It's a handful to carry around all day but I'm really enjoying it. Spent 6 hours walking around with it yesterday, add in my tripod, a pack full of lenses, thermos and lunch and oh yeah... I'm sore today!

06-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
dbh
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Dbh - that is definitely "against the flow". Then again... I bet you laugh at the traffic going the other way. I work 5 am. to 1 pm weekdays so I get to travel in and back between the usual rush hours, gotta love it! Maybe I'll bump into you around town.
I don't laugh I shudder. Hwy 19 really needs to be 4-lane. As for bumping in - easily arranged. I'm a just pm away. Been thinking about the Botanic Gardens. Probably some photo-ops there. Although you obviously don't have any trouble finding beauty in the area.

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
THanks Dave, all were taken with the Bigma. It's a handful to carry around all day but I'm really enjoying it. Spent 6 hours walking around with it yesterday, add in my tripod, a pack full of lenses, thermos and lunch and oh yeah... I'm sore today!
Yep - she's good near and far. Builds muscle, too.
Again: nice images.
--
dbh - getting back to work...
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing your outing Scott. It looks like you had quite a productive jaunt. Good work with the bigma!
06-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That's amazing boken alright Scott,

I'd almost consider buying a Bigma just because of those pic's
Nice work.

06-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks LaRee, I'm really starting to love that Bigma lens.

dbh - the Botanic Gardens are well worth a visit but I heard recently that there aren't a lot of flowers in bloom just yet. It might be worth waiting a few weeks. I've been meaning to spend an afternoon there especially for the butterfly house. Other local spots include the trails along the ravines and river in Devon itself ( down by the campground and golf course), and Clifford E Lee Wildlife sanctuary just off Hwy 60. Also I checked out Wagner Natural Area just East of Spruce Grove on Hwy 16x, it has lots of area and great trails through the woods and along the marl bogs. Definitely worth a return trip. For any of these bring lots of bug spray though!

I'd recommend getting a copy of "Nature Walks and Sunday Drives round Edmonton". It's a small softcover book and full of recommended sites that aren't that far away.