Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
County Courthouse, a Bridge, and a Railroad Depot - Llano, Texas
Posted By: Matthew Roberts, 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Llano is a county seat of ~3000 people, ith one grocery, a Dairy Queen, along with a couple other fast food joints, too many BBQ places to count (including famous Cooper's BBQ), and a beautiful downtown that's still used (and not turned into some tourist attraction, either).

Gallery | Llano, Texas

First off the beautiful county courthouse:

The Roy B. Inks bridge over the Llano river that bisects the town into North and South:

And the new railroad depot on the north side of the river, where a tourist railroad will soon begin operations southeast to Kingsland:

And this time, post some replies, please!

Views: 2,503
02-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Brings back fun memories of a simpler time. Driving around the Hill Country with a cooler full of cold adult beverages, no place to be, and no hurry getting there. Thanks for sharing.

For non-Texans, despite what you might think, "Llano" is not pronounced "yaw-No". It's "Lan-No" with emphasis on BOTH syllables.
02-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Nice shots, Matt, reminds me of many of the little towns I've found since I moved to Arkansas two years ago. Losing these places fast back east.

I like the b&w but, may I say, I'd rather see a little more contrast, jmho.

Thanks
02-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #4

Nice photographs, Matthew. I like the shadowplay on the courthouse walls. I agree with Photodan about a slight boost in contrast. Perhaps some filter simulations in the Channel Mixer might help as well, if you're using Photoshop.

Nikhil

02-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are delightful images, Matt. Where is Llano from Austin? I've lived in coastal Texas since '95, but I don't know much about Hill Country. The closest I've gotten is San Antonio and Seqin, where my daughter got her BS at TLU. I've thought of retiring out there, but don't know where my sailboat would go.

Anyway, again - terrific photos that take you back in time.

Jerry
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for the input, but I wanted the images to be lower contrast, more moody, and that's why I used the Green "filter" in PSP instead of Red.

Glad to hear it brings back memories.

Jerry, this is Llano. There's always Lake Buchanan for your boat, TP&W rated in the Top 5 Lakes in Texas for sailing.

Any more?