Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Up North
Lens: DA*16-50, DA*300 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Finnmark, Norway 
Posted By: Fries, 09-10-2015, 02:20 PM

I travel every year from my cosy, crowded and small country to the vast expanses of Northern Norway. To hike, to fish, to photograph en just simply to enjoy my self. And I do that alone. The biggest part of the trip consisted of a 8 day hike although I had enough food to stay away for 12 day's. But the weather wasn't that stable so I did came back a bit early. For the people who know the area; I started out at Bidjovaggi which is about 40 km from Kautokeino and I walked to Eibydalen near Alta on the coast in Finnmark, Norway.

I hope you enjoy this 'trip' with me!

Remco

1. Big country with some rain falling

2. Near the point where I left the path and went on off trail

3. Somewhere there might me a reindeer with only three legs hopping around...

4. Landscape meets cloud

5. One side of a lake...

6. ...and the other side (3 photo stitch with the DA*300)

7. Fog is moving in

8. Waterfall

9. Lots of birds. I know the name of this one in Dutch (Kleinste Jager)

10. Time is running out to set up my tent before it starts to rain

11. I had to stay one day at this place because the weather became to bad

12. Long exposure

13. Big rock 1

14. Big rock 2

15. Big Rock 3

16. Hazy afertnoon

Last edited by Fries; 09-10-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Views: 861
09-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Epic! Great shots, and what a great experience... Thanks for sharing your trek with us.

Jim
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fascinating! I love posts like these where you get to see faraway places that are seldom photographed. Some great shots that really give you a sense of the remoteness and cold. I don't think polar bears would wander this far south - what predator might have left the reindeer leg?
09-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots, thank you for sharing.

09-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That's some adventure--I think I would start to feel some psychological pressure from those horizons...I'm not a krummholz kind of guy! I think #15 sums it up best for me...big country indeed!
09-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Amazing landscapes, I guess this is tundra. I've seen Long-tailed Jaeger a few times, but on the water, far out to sea. Nice to catch one in a different hunting ground. Beautiful bird.
09-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Great shots! Nuber 12 is fantastic!

09-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Epic! Great shots, and what a great experience... Thanks for sharing your trek with us.

Jim
You are welcome Jim! I was gearing up for a second trip next week but it seems I somehow injured my heel on this one... The last two day's hiking were quit hard on my feet after the Gore Tex on my shoes failed which coincided with the longest hikes of the trip. I'll consult a doctor but it doesn't feel good right now. Oh well, there is alway's next summer!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Fascinating! I love posts like these where you get to see faraway places that are seldom photographed. Some great shots that really give you a sense of the remoteness and cold. I don't think polar bears would wander this far south - what predator might have left the reindeer leg?
Thanks! No polar bears on the European mainland but there is the odd chance of a brown one wondering around. Some time ago I found the record of predator attacks on reindeer (the herders collect damages) online and I believe the golden eagle was the main culprit. I believe they prey on the reindeer calfs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Great shots, thank you for sharing.
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
That's some adventure--I think I would start to feel some psychological pressure from those horizons...I'm not a krummholz kind of guy! I think #15 sums it up best for me...big country indeed!
Ha, thanks! I think it is good for my 'ego' to put my self in surroundings that dwarf a single individual and I've been doing this so often that I am rather at ease doing it. And it is a good break from the hectic daily life. I really enjoy this...

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Amazing landscapes, I guess this is tundra. I've seen Long-tailed Jaeger a few times, but on the water, far out to sea. Nice to catch one in a different hunting ground. Beautiful bird.
Thanks Jacquot! It is not a tundra in the classic sense with permafrost and the birds are nesting over here. And because of that they can be very aggressive! This is a shot from a couple of years ago with the DA*16-50. They really get close to you!

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Great shots! Nuber 12 is fantastic!
Thanks Janse!

Cheers,

Remco