Thanks
Danie

and something else....

Views: 1,848
06-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new camera. As for the first shot I'm not a big fan of 'high key' shots and can't really comment. Interesting and a little spooky.

The second shot might have had potential. Interesting old clock face but the image is too soft IMO and a little too underexposed. I'm not sure what you were trying to present here so I might be missing something.
06-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The one thing that I love about this forum is diversity. We seem to have a great collection of input spanning the range of photographic possibilities. I do enjoy some high key photos (when the subject matter supports it). I think the doll definitely is a prime candidate. It always amazed me that little girls were never freaked out by those dolls and their unsettling stare. (hell they use the damn things in horror movies for crying out loud). Some times the hardest thing with high key shots is balancing the neutral space (white voids & black weighted regions that do not make up the subject matter). Nice idea. I think that the doll could offer many great shots and opportunities.
06-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
The one thing that I love about this forum is diversity. We seem to have a great collection of input spanning the range of photographic possibilities. I do enjoy some high key photos (when the subject matter supports it). I think the doll definitely is a prime candidate. It always amazed me that little girls were never freaked out by those dolls and their unsettling stare. (hell they use the damn things in horror movies for crying out loud). Some times the hardest thing with high key shots is balancing the neutral space (white voids & black weighted regions that do not make up the subject matter). Nice idea. I think that the doll could offer many great shots and opportunities.
Agree 100% with everything written here, especially the part about dolls being spooky.

06-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
I couldn't have said it better, so I won't try except to say good job on both shots.

Jer
06-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

spooky photos, i thought these are really cool, it's different from most of the photos posted
and don't mind the lack of sharpness that much, adds a degree of "mysteriousness"
06-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thnx

Thanks for all the comments...it definitely helps.
I was going for the mysterious look on the photos....the doll photo being my personal favorite of the two.

Thnx again for the C&C.

This is what I love about the PentaxForums....if it says "post your photos here to receive C&C" you actually get C&C.

Thanks

This site RoCkS!!!!!!

Danie
06-23-2008, 01:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Ouch, that's creepy!

06-23-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Is the dolly related to Chucky

creepy....

cheers
06-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thank you to everybody who replied on my photo post.
Realy appreciate the C&C!

Have a great week

Regards
Danie