Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Back from my break
Lens: Pentax SMC D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Camera: K3 Photo Location: Netherland 
Posted By: Carpon, 09-14-2015, 03:04 AM

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all doing well. It’s been a while, had some physical inconveniences and was literally not able to pick up y camera. Doing better now and like to share some recent photo’s with you. Hopefully I will have some more time to stop by, this forum has given me a lot and would like to keep on participating in the future.

Attached Images

Views: 882
09-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All of these are interesting. The monkey's hand is a unique image, and nicely done.
09-14-2015, 03:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
All of these are interesting. The monkey's hand is a unique image, and nicely done.
Thank you, I was in the privileged opportunity to be given a tour at “Stichting AAP” by a girlfriend who works there. They rescue and rehabilitate monkeys that have been living in captivity under often terrible conditions. Impressive organisation. The two photo’s off the monkeys reflect for me the incredible sadness and cruelty that people inflict on these animals.
09-14-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very good body of work.

09-14-2015, 04:37 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Carpon Quote
Thank you, I was in the privileged opportunity to be given a tour at “Stichting AAP” by a girlfriend who works there. They rescue and rehabilitate monkeys that have been living in captivity under often terrible conditions. Impressive organisation. The two photo’s off the monkeys reflect for me the incredible sadness and cruelty that people inflict on these animals.

We visited a similar facility in Florida that is devoted to rescuing big cats from small zoos or private, well-healed heels who get lions as cute kittens and wind up with an untouchable adult in an 8X10 cage. One of the cats from a mini-zoo had been trained to charge at its cage when the tour guide at the zoo turned his back, to give visitors a thrill. The rehab facility kept that animal well away from visitors so it would not injure itself, as it had at the idiot zoo.
09-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I really like the composition of the first photo and the apparent sadness of the monkey sitting in his cage, very nicely done.
09-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
We visited a similar facility in Florida that is devoted to rescuing big cats from small zoos or private, well-healed heels who get lions as cute kittens and wind up with an untouchable adult in an 8X10 cage. One of the cats from a mini-zoo had been trained to charge at its cage when the tour guide at the zoo turned his back, to give visitors a thrill. The rehab facility kept that animal well away from visitors so it would not injure itself, as it had at the idiot zoo.
So true, sometimes I wander who should be in those cages, It is good that there are orgaizations that care but sad that they have to.

---------- Post added 09-14-15 at 07:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aacjr Quote
I really like the composition of the first photo and the apparent sadness of the monkey sitting in his cage, very nicely done.
Thank you, with the first one I just random picked a spot in the garden and tried to make the best photo just from what was there. Lucky enough this great shaped leaves showed up

09-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the last picture, the great ape is flipping someone off - likely his prior evil captors.
09-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice set. I find the monkey very disturbing. On the other hand the landscape is beautiful, particularly the way the last (first?) rays of the sun highlight the colour of the vegetation.
09-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very good array of subjects well photographed.
09-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful series each photo has its own story to tell. These photos remind me why I rarely goto zoos even though we have on just 10 minutes from my house. No matter how big the zoo is I always have an overwhelming feeling of sadness for the animals there.
Michael
09-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by realitarian Quote
In the last picture, the great ape is flipping someone off - likely his prior evil captors.
I like to think so Dispite what this monkey has been through he still bonded weel with his caretakers. So it must be to his former captor

---------- Post added 09-15-15 at 06:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ozwald Quote
Very nice set. I find the monkey very disturbing. On the other hand the landscape is beautiful, particularly the way the last (first?) rays of the sun highlight the colour of the vegetation.
Thank you. The last was a sunset, love it when the Heather is in bloom.

---------- Post added 09-15-15 at 06:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A very good array of subjects well photographed.
Thank you, although Macro is my main photography at the moment (experimenting and learning) I try to keep my eyes open.

---------- Post added 09-15-15 at 06:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Wonderful series each photo has its own story to tell. These photos remind me why I rarely goto zoos even though we have on just 10 minutes from my house. No matter how big the zoo is I always have an overwhelming feeling of sadness for the animals there.
Michael
Some off them do really good preservation work but I share you’re thought completely. Just doesn’t feels right.