Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
St-Joseph Church
Lens: Cosina 24mm 2.8 MC with CPL Camera: K200D Photo Location: Toulon, France ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: bygp, 09-20-2015, 12:04 PM

Located in Toulon's downtown, close to the sea, latin traditional community here, old building I guess...

---------- Post added 09-20-15 at 12:05 PM ----------

City hall building in the left background.
Views: 1,026
09-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice Mediterranean feel to this image.
09-21-2015, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looks very nice down there. Love to see the old structures. The gal on the bike ain't bad either.
09-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Although it has been under bombs during WWII, much less damages than Brest or Lorient, so most of the downtown has been saved and they are replacing too junky buildings (that are close to collapse) by new ones but keeping the old look&feel.

09-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
Although it has been under bombs during WWII, much less damages than Brest or Lorient, so most of the downtown has been saved and they are replacing too junky buildings (that are close to collapse) by new ones but keeping the old look&feel.
Thanks for that info bygp. War is such a waste. Did not realize the southeast of Fr was bombed, one usually thinks only of the north and west parts.
09-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by plantej Quote
Thanks for that info bygp. War is such a waste. Did not realize the southeast of Fr was bombed, one usually thinks only of the north and west parts.
South was much less bombed, but Toulon is one of the oldest strategic harbour of France, so german held it as a strategic point, mainly at the end of ww2, but mainly the harbour have been bombed, not that much the town. Where we lost the most historic buildings is in Brest, Lorient, La Rochelle, St-Nazaire, Royan, etc... because all these places were german navy strategic points (for U-boots as an example). I think we are one of the countries who was amongst the most injuried by WW2, not mainly in human loss statistics but in our proud, in our "patrimoine", in many political things that came after this war, our country has been totally infiltrated by KGB after WW2 and our economy and governmental organisations are still "cursed" by that. England was lucky to be a "big island" during this war...

I Know the USA and Canada lost a lot of young blood in these wars (the "great" one (14-18) and the WW2), but being like slaves under ennemy power is IMO the worst thing for a nation. So many civilians were starving during this war, and more died from not having enough food and medecines than because of war acts like bombs or germans punishments.

---------- Post added 09-24-15 at 09:54 AM ----------

Oh I forgot it was a Pentax forum^^ this one was taken from a boat with my K200D and a Vivitar series 1 70-210mm lens...

Last edited by bygp; 09-29-2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason: mistakes....
09-25-2015, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
I think we are one of the countries who was amongst the most injuried by WW2, not mainly in human loss statistics but in our proud, in our "patrimoine
I agree and je comprend bien ce que vous dites. I have been reading about your history for years now with the guidance of two good French friends. One in Lille which is of course a very war torn region and one from Marseilles who is Corsican by genealogy. Moi, j'ai des racines Francais aussi by way of mon pére. And La Rochelle is where my great " " " " " " " grandfather departed for the Americas. Je suis racines de Quebecois. Under Louis XIV my ancestors came to New France in 1645 to settle Ils d'Orleans on the St Laurence. I hope you don't mind my ranting here. I think France is an amazing country. It is on my bucket list. My other roots are Irish so I must visit there as well someday. Salut et cheers.