Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Aussie Rules
Posted By: Falcons, 06-21-2008, 05:44 AM

Haven't posted any photos for a while.
Took the kids to the footy today, we are big West Perth supporters and were hoping for a win - but they lost - Anyway another beautiful Perth day spent with Aussie rules and a Pentax - What could possibly be better?

Here are some Pics (West Perth are in the Red & Blue)

Attached Images

Views: 1,974
06-21-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You got some great actions there! I should have done some shoots for the st kilda team here
06-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AFL-VFL its all spread like wildfire amd its look set to take over fron the NRL(Australia League)

Nice shots.Being from NSW I've been to melb a couple of times and never forgot the mighty Blues (Carlton) play the Magpies (Collingwood) in front of 70000+ @Princess Park(Mid 80's)

What lens did you use?

cheers
06-21-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Used a Sigma 55-200 - Not the ideal lens for this stuff but for the price I think it is quite a performer.

Might spring for the new DA 55-300 , the extra reach will be most handy.

Thanks for looking.

06-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

nice captures! i have trouble figuring out the rules of rugby and someone was telling me that Aussie Rules is even more complicated. i am wondering how come the photos turn out with a yellowish cast? probably a white balance issue?
06-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Nah, the white balance on the in camera jpegs are fine. I just like to push things a bit in Silkypix mucking around with the green and yellow hues and sats - didn't quite work as I wanted - shouldn't post stuff late at night.

Thanks for looking though
06-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is that artificial grass? - Ouch!
Nice shots.

06-24-2008, 03:12 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Wonderful action shots - you captured it well.
06-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I think your lens did just fine. Not getting right up their nostrils gave you some space to show the action. Excellent stuff.
Hey, what's happened to the Weagles this year? Even though I'm from SA I used to enjoy their style of play, but they're absolute shite at the moment. Must be all the easy living over there with the mining boom - you're all getting soft...(Wait while I duck for cover).
06-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #10
mel
Veteran Member

That game you Aussies play is insane. My husband lived in Melbourne for a couple years in the early 80s and became a fan of the sport (He's a former American football - you call it gridiron? player), so we watch the occassional game on television. Crazy crazy stuff. I can't really follow it too well not knowing the rules (and NOT because I'm a girl thankyouverymuch!) but it is vastly entertaining.

Oh and nice shots too. I love the action shots and shooting sporting events. Even when I'm playing in them.
06-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
I think your lens did just fine. Not getting right up their nostrils gave you some space to show the action. Excellent stuff.
Hey, what's happened to the Weagles this year? Even though I'm from SA I used to enjoy their style of play, but they're absolute shite at the moment. Must be all the easy living over there with the mining boom - you're all getting soft...(Wait while I duck for cover).

Geez a cocky CROW EATER!
Although I am a hardened loyal Sandgroper, when it comes to the AFL I am a Melbourne Supporter and a confirmed Eagles hater and I wont even mention the shockers er... I mean Dockers.