Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Elegy to a worn-out pair of Chucks
Lens: Pentax DA 35mm Limited Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: At home ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: nowo1978, 09-24-2015, 02:10 AM

Being a teenager is never easy. Being a teenager in the early 1990s was no difference. It's a time of major changes, a time where you're up one minute, down the next and utterly confused inbetween. To help us through this, we had music. We had Nirvana, we had Pearl Jam, we had Green Day, and many others. And we had our Chucks.

Yes, they're unconfortable. Yes, they're ridiculously overpriced. Still, they're probably the only constant in my life. I wore Chucks on my first date. I had my first kiss in a pair of Chucks. I wore them in Vienna, Paris, London, Los Angeles, Bangkok, Lisbon, Barcelona, St. Petersburg, Saigon, Palermo and countless other places. I wore them at the Grand Canyon, in the Louvre, the Tate Modern, the Reunification palace, Notre Dame, Smolny Convent and wherever they took me. I wore Chucks the day I graduated and the day I received my PhD.

Saying goodbye to a worn-out, battered pair of old Chucks is like saying goodbye to an old friend. A friend who was with me on three continents. A friend who knows the highs and lows of my daily life. A friend who knows my every secret. A friend I trusted to get me where I wanted to go, and who never let me down. A friend who was always there for me when I headed off into the unknown.

Goodbye, my friend. Goodbye.

Oh, and say hello to your younger brother.

Views: 566