Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Cape Cod Meets Galveston Bay
Posted By: Sailor, 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Seeing Ken's great site with Down East pictures of buoys huddled in the winter waiting for use reminded me of a shot I took when sailing on Galveston Bay last October. It shows a classic New England catboat - a Marshall Cat - approaching a classical Texas gas/oil rig perched in shallow water. We don't encounter many catboats down here, but I remember seeing them all over the place when I lived in Boston.

Another shot I grabbed the same afternoon as my wife steered "Cut Time" our Texas-classical Catalina 30 into the Kemah Channel heading for the marina and cocktail hour.

Won't be long till we start sailing again here in Texas!!

Jer
Views: 3,471
02-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Great Pictures, Sailor. Years ago I used to sail Galveston Bay in a Hunter 22. Really had a lot of fun. Then I went power/fishing boat and still had a lot of fun.
I really do like sailing. I remember one of the dealers back then had a cat boat in his inventory. Very rare in that part of the country. I never sailed on it but I did get to go onboard, very spacious and well made.