Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
MY attempt at a moon shot.
Lens: Pentax DA L 55-300mm ED Camera: K-50 Photo Location: SW Idaho ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Dewman, 09-27-2015, 10:04 AM

The more I use the 55-300mm lens, the more respect I have for it. Perhaps my earlier remarks about it's softness at 300mm was a little premature! I'm looking forward to tonight's spectacle. This was taken with just the 55-300mm lens.... no teleconverter involved. The EXIF data is correct, in spite of how ridiculous it looks. There was a great deal of cropping involved on this shot, as you can well imagine.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-02-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Views: 693
09-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
EXIF is correct? So when did Olympus start making K-50s? LOL

Did you sharpen this? The image looks a bit strange with the white outline on the right. The color is a bit off also but this is much better than I expected from that lens. Nice.
09-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
EXIF is correct? So when did Olympus start making K-50s? LOL

Did you sharpen this? The image looks a bit strange with the white outline on the right. The color is a bit off also but this is much better than I expected from that lens. Nice.

Sharpen it? OH yes! As far as the white line, I have no idea. I added the color just for S&G's. It looked better than the gray color. I wouldn't have expected this lens to produce the results I got.
09-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Sharpen it? OH yes! As far as the white line, I have no idea. I added the color just for S&G's. It looked better than the gray color. I wouldn't have expected this lens to produce the results I got.
The sharpening might have added the outline. Ok that makes sense.

09-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yeah... too much outline emphasis. Should bump up false outline control (if you used silkypix). Still a nice shot. The clouds here are making the capture of the moon impossible tonight.