Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ayers's Rock Australia Star trail
Lens: Sigma 18 - 200 Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Ayer's Rock Australia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: peggers, 10-01-2015, 05:41 PM

This was taken on Monday night at about midnight. I took 110 30 second photos and stitched them together with a program called star trails. Monday was the night of that big full moon. The final product is good, but could have been improved with a longer total time. I was there for an hour, but 2 - 3 hours may have been better. I didn't use any post photo editing options other than to stitch all the photos together.
Thoughts?
Oh, and I may have made an error in uploading so please let me know if you cannot see the photo.
Thanks
Ian Pegram

Attached Images

Last edited by peggers; 10-01-2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I spotted some spelling errors
Views: 974
10-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work. I like having the rock in there by moonlight... Your horizon appaears to be just a little off level, only thing I would change.

Jim
07-25-2018, 03:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peggers Quote
This was taken on Monday night at about midnight. I took 110 30 second photos and stitched them together with a program called star trails. Monday was the night of that big full moon. The final product is good, but could have been improved with a longer total time. I was there for an hour, but 2 - 3 hours may have been better. I didn't use any post photo editing options other than to stitch all the photos together.
Thoughts?
Oh, and I may have made an error in uploading so please let me know if you cannot see the photo.
Thanks
Ian Pegram
Such good trails!
07-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peggers Quote
Thoughts?
Thanks
Ian Pegram
I've seen Ayer's Rock in a children's cartoon, but the real thing is truly impressive, especially lit and presented like this.