Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Finally Processed Some Pics From This Year
Lens: Various Camera: K-5 Photo Location: varies 
Posted By: concealer404, 10-02-2015, 06:21 AM

I don't really know what i'm doing, but even the blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Most of these i find ok. I have a hard time making the gear capture what i'm seeing, and i find post processing confusing. I'm sure i'll figure it out with more practice. These are really my first REAL pictures, ever. My wife who has been enjoying this hobby for 6-7 years was impressed, so there's that?

Comments and criticism VERY welcome!

I think this one is soft.

I forgot to fix the light blotchy-ness in the black.

Pentax F 35-70mm Macro feature is surprisingly decent. Has nothing on my wife's DA Limited 35mm Macro, but it'll do for me.

Tried to avoid too much processing on this one. This is pretty much how it was through my eyes.

Struggled with this one... the lighting in person was really strange. Storm coming in, lots of fog. Couldn't figure out how to bring up the flower without making the background look way different than it really was. If i brightened the whole picture, the "feeling" was lost.

This one was hard to figure out what to do. I wanted to crop it, but didn't want to lose the setting, that i was inside the building, car was waiting outside. I think i should have been farther inside the building.

This one is one of my favorites so far... has a "film feel" to it that this Sears Auto 50mm f1.7 seems to be good at.

Same with this one. This is probably my favorite.

Thanks for looking!
Views: 757
10-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
Pentaxian

TFS. I like the building and the jeep the most.
The flower pic has the common problem; flower just doesn't stand out so much as it did in reality and no amount of PP really helps.
10-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the cat in the ladder! Keep shooting, shoot often and shoot a lot. Processing can be as fun as shooting.....keep at both and your joy will increase more than you can imagine!

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
even the blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
This reminds me...Otis wants to thank all the great members of PForums that have donated their hard earned cash to his Starving Blind Orphan Squirrel Fund. He reminds that winter is coming soon and more donations are needed. He knows you guys won't let the little orphans down!

You can donate to Pentax Forums and Adam will see that the little orphans get their fair share. Which reminds me...it's about time for me to make another donation here! How about you guys?

Regards!

NOTE: The above was a paid advertisement by Otis Squirrel and not sponsored by either PForums or old Rupert.