Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My second date with Mamiya just got hotter.
Posted By: Voe, 06-22-2008, 06:51 AM

Hi everybody,

After my previous "date" with Mamiya 55mm f/1.8, I decided to take "her" out for another spin and continue our walk down Chapel street to further develop our relationship (no, we are not getting married, I already am) .

The yellow glow behind the color wheel was caused by the street light reflecting into the wet asphalt.

In case you were wondering, the green and blue colored artifacts in the highlights of the above photo are reflections from the neon lights of the opposite side of the street.

Considering what the photographic society has accepted as an "unwritten standard" the bokeh is not perfect , it has slightly pronounced rings around the circular highlights, and very often the circles are closer to ellipses.

Despite all this I still think it is a very good and interesting lens with a very good character.

Cheers.
Views: 1,320
06-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It has a distinctive soft look. The bokeh I like. Would be very intrigued to see this used for a portrait.
06-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Excellent series. Love that second shot.
06-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Really distinctive style and clever use of bokeh. I really like this series better than the last.

06-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Considering what the photographic society has accepted as an "unwritten standard" the bokeh is not perfect , it has slightly pronounced rings around the circular highlights, and very often the circles are closer to ellipses.
i agree, the bokeh is distracting especially in the first photo, but the photos still came out great. good work with the colours and composition.
06-23-2008, 01:40 AM   #6
Voe
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks to all for your feedback.
I will try to do some more photos on the weekend if the whether permits here in Melbourne