Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Chrome and Horse Power - Lots-o-Pics
Posted By: daacon, 06-22-2008, 07:06 AM

I went to a Car showing at one of the local parks yesterday. There were some sweet rides for sure. Here are few of the engines I took. Given today's gas prices a lot of these were for sale. Ahh one day I shall own a classic ......

It was really sunny I should have brought my flash doooooooh. All taken with the DA* 16-50 (could have used the DA 12-24 sooooooooooon!)

Click on image for larger view

You drop a pin in this engine and it would not hit the ground

Love the wing nut on this one

Makes me feel better about LBA - EBA and EMA (Engine Buying and Engine Modification) would seem a tad more exspensive
Views: 3,006
06-22-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good stuff, Dave. Nothing like seeing some American Muscle (or any other muscle) on display.
06-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Speaking from a gearhead prospective, you have to admire the effort, time, money and love put into these machines.

Nice photos of some great iron!
06-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed Dave, Great series of some wonderful old muscle. Some remind me of my high school days when these were on the street a lot more often.

06-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Cool engines gotta love those old classics
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great images, my friend. The more-or-less stock looking 427 is my favorite.

Jer
06-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots Dave, and thank god I'm not paying their gas bills.....

06-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Good stuff, Dave. Nothing like seeing some American Muscle (or any other muscle) on display.
Thanks Alan - all of these were street legal (I think) most of them drove into the show.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Speaking from a gearhead prospective, you have to admire the effort, time, money and love put into these machines.
Nice photos of some great iron!
Thanks Tom - yep - there were quite a few for sale - in speaking with a few of the owners , they were selling theirs and eyeing others haha so a passion indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Agreed Dave, Great series of some wonderful old muscle. Some remind me of my high school days when these were on the street a lot more often.
Thanks Peter ahh yes in high school I remember a souped up Vega , one friend had a 75 Torino with a 427 Cobra Jet, hurst stick shift ... lots of Olds Cutless 442, Shleby Mustangs, Dodge Chargers , Baracudas ,etc ....back when metal was real and horse power was 300+ for everybody.

QuoteOriginally posted by barbosas Quote
Cool engines gotta love those old classics
Indeed - I remember some of those vehicles (I will post some more later) - ummm I must be getting to be a classic as well

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great images, my friend. The more-or-less stock looking 427 is my favorite.
Jer
Thanks Jer I think that is my favorite engine shot myself.

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Beautiful shots Dave, and thank god I'm not paying their gas bills.....
Haha Thanks Scott - I think with the time and effort as well as $$ these guys sink into their machines - gas milage is not a priority. Besides in Alberta they would lucky to get 4 or 5 months of driving.
06-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #9

Coming from someone who has been there and has had most of there life and a sizeable portion of there savings tied up in one of these vehicles. Id never do it again............nice shots......and LBA is much cheaper..............

Rick
06-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

nice photos of the beasts Dave
i always find it extremely difficult to capture the entire car and i think in the future i'm gonna try to concentrate on car details at autoshows
06-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Hey Dave! Some nice shots here My car show shooting got canceled today due to possible rain! So am on for next Sunday now.
06-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave,

I thought these images looked great. I decided tp scroll backand see what lens you used. Nice to see that you are one of the many that this lens works for.

I'm not into cars, but I do appreciate nice work.

Stephen
06-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxnut Quote
Coming from someone who has been there and has had most of there life and a sizeable portion of there savings tied up in one of these vehicles. Id never do it again............nice shots......and LBA is much cheaper..............
Rick
Ha-ha ya think Rick ? I'll bet along with cash a lot of blood sweat and tears went into your passion. Do you have any shots of your baby would love to see some.

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
nice photos of the beasts Dave
i always find it extremely difficult to capture the entire car and i think in the future i'm gonna try to concentrate on car details at autoshows
Thanks k100d I sure could have used the DA 12-24 in a few more weeks I should have it once again. 16 was not quite wide enough.

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Hey Dave! Some nice shots here My car show shooting got canceled today due to possible rain! So am on for next Sunday now.
Thanks Rosemary - I was thinking of some of your artistic shots while I was there . Bummer about the rain. The place I went there was too much shadow and sun - should have had the flash. I took quite a few pics will post more as the week goes on.
06-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Bugs does it for me

cheers
06-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Dave,
I thought these images looked great. I decided tp scroll backand see what lens you used. Nice to see that you are one of the many that this lens works for.
I'm not into cars, but I do appreciate nice work.
Stephen
Thanks Stephen - I debated a long time on this lens but is it a focal range I use. I paid a little more by buying it at a reatail store. They had 4 and I actually borught my computer in and checked out a few before I bought one. This was at someone's suggestion here good advice. so far I am pleased with my copy.

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Bugs does it for me
cheers
Thanks cupic - I had to do a double take when I saw that - is that Bug's Bunny ! A classic cartoon whihc to this day I can still watch and laugh.