Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The_park-is-full-everyone-is-a-tog
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K-3, Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 400 
Posted By: normhead, 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM

The park was full of people coming up to photograph the fall colours, there was a busload of people going by every 5 minutes... many of the parking lots were full, and people were parked out on the road.

No one could get pictures of everyone there with a camera, but I got a few of them...

Views: 683
10-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

hahahaha! great stuff norm
10-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
[bleeeping] leafers..... just kidding. looks like you had fun out there.
10-05-2015, 05:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now that's a lot more cameras than I expected ! Last trip I took to the Rockies , it was more iphones and ipads than DSLR's.

10-05-2015, 05:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Are they not allowed to move more very far from the road
10-05-2015, 08:12 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Leaf Peepers in New Hampshire. What are they called in Algonquin?
10-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
hahahaha! great stuff norm
Ya, a lot of fun...

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
[bleeeping] leafers..... just kidding. looks like you had fun out there.
It was a nice afternoon.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Now that's a lot more cameras than I expected ! Last trip I took to the Rockies , it was more iphones and ipads than DSLR's.
There were a lot of phones too...

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Are they not allowed to move more very far from the road

Ha ha, in the first image, where the lot is full and the cars are also parked on the road, that's a parking lot of a hiking trail, so, there were lots of people hiking away from the road, but we didn't hike so i don't have photos.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Leaf Peepers in New Hampshire. What are they called in Algonquin?
We have a number of names for them, none of them very nice.
10-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I have an alternate title for this thread: "Caucasians don't like leaves"

10-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I have an alternate title for this thread: "Caucasians don't like leaves"
OK, I'll toss out one little non PC tidbit, one of the more polite names for the influx of people who come for fall colours is "the Asian Invasion". These people just seem to have an incredible appreciation for the changing of the seasons. I'm not really clear on why it's not common to all Canadians. But I suspect, it's that many second or third generation Canadians have cottages in maple country, and can take in the changes from the comfort of a cottage dock or porch.
10-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In texas we have the 'Winter Texans" who show up from the more colder states to hide out here during our more 'warmer' winters only to hear them complain that "It feels more cold here than it did where they were from." Or that they never know how to dress for the weather since when they, quote,... "Look out the window the sun is shining and they hear birds chirping so I put on short sleeves and a hoodie and then when I get outside it really feels like a dang blizzard....", lol
10-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
In texas we have the 'Winter Texans" who show up from the more colder states to hide out here during our more 'warmer' winters only to hear them complain that "It feels more cold here than it did where they were from." Or that they never know how to dress for the weather since when they, quote,... "Look out the window the sun is shining and they hear birds chirping so I put on short sleeves and a hoodie and then when I get outside it really feels like a dang blizzard....", lol
They can't be Canadians, we don't say "dang". Now 150 mile south in Ohio they say it all the time. Lake Erie is a "dang" barrier.

The big Canadian colonies are Florida and Arizona, I've never even heard of a Canadian wintering in Texas.
10-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've never even heard of a Canadian wintering in Texas.
AFAIK, Texas has been too expensive for snowbirds for a long time. A former customer of mine bought some property between Austin and San Antonio, but that's about it. In my limited experience (which doesn't include the Gulf coast), spring and fall are better seasons to be in Texas than winter, especially if you want to come back with a sunburn.
10-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lol, colder US states and 'dang' was the nice form of the word. These are the sightseeing people driving slow through the countryside with the travel trailers that are trailed by 15 other local vehicles that want around them. ( But hey, I have never ever been guilty of sightseeing with the K3.... Not admitting it, lol, at least I can pull off the road and get out of the way.)