Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Tale of the Northern Lights
Lens: Samyang 14mm Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Sweden, Iceland, Norway ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Nitrogliserin, 10-08-2015, 12:00 AM

I was lucky to see the Northern Lights (also known as "Aurora Borealis" or southern version "Aurora Australis") third year in a row. First Porjus and Kiruna, Sweden in 2013, secondly Skaftafell and Blue Lagoon, Iceland in 2014 and lastly Lyngen, Norway in 2015. Here are 2 minutes long photo lapse video of my photographs.

I created this video from long-exposures continuous shots. I wasn't intended to do a time lapse, but somehow I managed to compile them together despite some of them are not in the correct angle.

Gears I've used;

Pentax K-30 + 18-55 WR Kit Lens + Samyang 14mm
Pentax K-3 + Samyang 14mm

If you would like to know more about Northern Lights here is a quick guide for you:
A Tale of the Northern Lights - Yigit Yuksel | Photography
Views: 841
10-08-2015, 12:23 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Magical

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aurora borealis, camera, iceland, lapse, lights, northern lights, norway, pentax, photo, samyang, sweden, tale, video