Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Wayne Shorter Quartet
Lens: Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 Camera: K5ii Photo Location: Seattle, WA, USA ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2.5 
Posted By: troika, 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM

All shot wide open at f2.5. Nothing too special here, photographically, but I thought some of you might be fans of these wonderful musicians.

Wayne Shorter - Tenor and Soprano Sax, Danielo Perez - Piano, John Patitucci - Bass, Brian Blade - Drums

Views: 874
10-12-2015, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Albums
A big fan here!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed the session.
Scott
10-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wish I could hear it...
10-12-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I love all of these guys, but it was my first live experience with each of them. I'm a bassist, so I was very excited to see Patitucci and he was very good, though I would like to hear a lot more of him in different settings. Wayne Shorter, of course, is a great. I love his Blue Note albums and his Jazz Messengers sides. He's had a long career that has changed flavors many times. It's always special to hear people like him live.

The surprise for me, however, was Brian Blade. He was really engaging. Drove hard, listened well and played very tastefully. Always gave exactly what the music needed in the moment.

Hope to have another chance with each of them.

10-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great photographs some some herculean musicians. I've been listening to Shorter since he was with Miles' quintet in the '60s. However, I didn't realize (or more likely have forgotten) that Wayne passed through Blakey's finishing school.

Anyway, thanks for sharing these terrific photos.

Jer
10-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lucky you. I'm a big Shorter fan. I have all of his recordings with the Miles Davis Quintet, and several of his own records. He's a top class saxophonist no doubt, but his true genius IMO, is composing. He wrote most of the material for the Miles Davis Sixties Quintet, which was truly groundbreaking stuff.

PS The photos are very well done.