Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Campground Bear
Posted By: normhead, 10-13-2015, 12:03 PM

K-3- DA*60-250

I first caught sight of him across the parking lot. Of course as soon as I got out of my car and pointed my camera his way, 5 other people stopped, got out of their cars and gave chase, cameras in hand. The little guy just wasn't feeling like being photographed.

I took a guess and guessed he'd head for the water, so walked back to my car and drove down near the beach and parked on an empty campsite. I figured, it's a long shot but hey, you gotta try. I looked towards the water, and there he was, on the hill right at the edge of the campsite.

"How did you find me?"

Someone must have tossed some pan grease or something over the edge of the campsite. Something caught his attention.

"This is me, seeing you seeing me."

By now of course 5 other tourists had joined me., I lined them up beside me where we could get a bit of sun if he went to the right place. One of them looked at my camera and tripod and said.. "This guy's a professional, we should do what he says." OK Pentaxians, try and keep the laughter down to a roar.

"Hey dude, look at this barbecue I found, did you bring any burghers or bacon?"

The park ranger came up and said, "Did you get any pictures, I said "ya, I got lots". He shooed the bear off saying, "he's getting to be way to friendly with humans. I have to run him off every day." I had been talking to the bear the whole time, just to make sure he knew where I was. As soon as he heard the ranger's voice he skedaddled. Just like Yogi and Ranger Smith.

Last edited by normhead; 10-14-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Views: 1,507
10-14-2015, 06:00 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rodney9 Quote
Terrific story and shots.
Thanks for commenting.

10-14-2015, 06:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

A great chase and you've grabbed some good tight framings, but with a good amount of environment around also ...

But hang on, how can you be a professional ... You can't be a professional, not yet anyway! You only have one of those little crop-sensor cameras ....
10-14-2015, 06:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
A great chase and you've grabbed some good tight framings, but with a good amount of environment around also ...

But hang on, how can you be a professional ... You can't be a professional, not yet anyway! You only have one of those little crop-sensor cameras ....
Obviously, professional is in the eye of the beholder.