Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Farm morning (playing w/ LightRoom)
Posted By: spillway, 02-08-2007, 07:16 AM

Here's a few pictures that I took of our farm. I did the PP and resizing with Lightroom. I'm trying to decide if
I should abandon PaintShop Pro. I do like LR's workflow better. I get through pictures quickly. LR is missing a few things that
I would occasionally need (clone, layers, usharp).

These were taken in late December. The sun was just coming up and adding a little color to our white buildings
and ground. C & C appreciated.

K10 w/ 18-55 kit lens

Views: 1,526
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, looks cold
02-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Nice shots, I like the contrasty feel of the warm light and cold snow! Lightroom v1.0 will be relased soon and the betas will expire about 2 weeks after that. As for layers, I doubt we will ever see them in LR, that would compete too much with Adobe's own product; Photoshop. A clone/heal tool is present in v1.0, it is not a powerful as the one in Photoshop, or other graphics programs. I also hope that a better sharpen tool is implemented sometime, as long as its better than that stupid slider -- I can never seem to find a point between not sharp enough and too sharp.

Sean B.
02-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Nice shots - nice place - COLD!

Thanks, Dan

02-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Spillway, nice farm shots, I dearly love the light of early morning, and as others have said it looks cold. Where abouts are you in S. Wisconsin? I went to school in Beloit many many many many years ago.

NaCl(I probably wouldn't recognise the place at all now)H2O
02-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like the compo and color in #2 best. Still not much snow. Here it even warmed up and rained, taking what snow we had away to the rivers.
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by balofagus Quote
Nice shots, I like the contrasty feel of the warm light and cold snow! Lightroom v1.0 will be relased soon and the betas will expire about 2 weeks after that. As for layers, I doubt we will ever see them in LR, that would compete too much with Adobe's own product; Photoshop. A clone/heal tool is present in v1.0, it is not a powerful as the one in Photoshop, or other graphics programs. I also hope that a better sharpen tool is implemented sometime, as long as its better than that stupid slider -- I can never seem to find a point between not sharp enough and too sharp.

Sean B.

All good info. Thank Sean! Sounds like LR v1.0 will be somewhat different
from the beta versions. Hopefully Adobe will allow a 30 evaluation of the
released version.

I will likely buy LR and then keep PSP (or possibly move to PSE) for occasional,
heavy-duty PP.