Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Grand Re-Opening of the Kelowna burned out railway trail, Part 2
Posted By: little laker, 06-23-2008, 09:35 PM

This is a continuation of my The Grand Re-Opening of the Kelowna burned out railway trail thread

The photographs on the other thread were all taken using my Pentax K100D, while these images were all taken with my Sigma SD14.
In some cases they are similar, while in other cases entirely different.

Please don't try judging the IQ between them. I was using the 18 - 55mm kit lens for most of my Pentax photographs, without a hood (I had to forget something at home) and pretty well only high quality glass for the pic's in this thread.

You can see the one train bridge in the very middle of this photo.

Oddly enough I was using my Super Takumar 35mm F2, so it's still Pentax related

#1 on the other thread was taken from the same spot with my Pentax, only using a Sigma 135 - 400.

You can see a lot of the burned trees still standing in this photo

Another landscape with 3 bridges in the background.

3 of the people nice enough to help re-build everything.

These bridges were tall

Just so you know, I lost one rear lens cap down one, and I heard it pinging off the beams on the way down for what seemed like 3 or 4 seconds
Good thing that it wasn't a body or lens.

I haven't the faintest idea what this used to be, but I thought that it looked cool

That's a Canon Full Frame camera shooter down there.

Even with a 17mm lens on a full frame camera he had to hike close to 500 feet over very rocky territory to get the full bridge into the shot.

In was wearing the wrong footwear, and had blown a knee while hiking 2 weeks ago, so I chose to only hike out around 200 feet, and shoot that pano on my first thread

And this shot was taken from the bottom up.

I hope everyone here has a chance to take a bicycle ride all along this beautiful historic trail some time
Views: 1,364
06-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series as both threads where done equally well

Exceptionally landscape,thanks for sharing your part of the world with us Stu

cheers
06-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series

Have a couple great series Stu...

You can really tell the damage that fire did.... but I guess it is just natures way of clearing out the old and making way for the new...

You have some great shots.. Thanks for the tour.. it was almost like we were there with you..

Kim