Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Prince of Wales railway bridge
Lens: 50mm SMC-A manual focus Camera: K1000 Photo Location: Ottawa ISO: 800 
Posted By: bobbotron, 10-22-2015, 09:28 AM

Just about every photographer in Ottawa takes some photos of this decommissioned bridge. Hopefully some day it will become a bike path or get incorporated into the light rail system.

Views: 910
10-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent photo. I really like the way you managed to capture perspective, and in black & white no less. This is one area of photography I seem to lack in putting together. This is one of those shots a viewer can spend a great deal of time admiring. Thanks so much, Tonytee.
10-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind review Tonytee! It's funny, this wasn't the first way I'd try to photograph this bridge, I shot it on a whim after doing some head on shots, I agree, I think it works well for it.
10-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Thanks for the kind review Tonytee! It's funny, this wasn't the first way I'd try to photograph this bridge, I shot it on a whim after doing some head on shots, I agree, I think it works well for it.
It is interesting that I keep coming back to this photo. The more I look it over the more I am captivated by it. Your composition is truly outstanding, the way you used the surroundings to frame the subject. Black and White is really difficult since it offers very little forgiveness, in that what you see is what you get. This shot obviously required a considerable amount of forethought and planning especially with available light. Again, I really enjoy this photo and wonder if you would mind if I borrowed it for a while in order to make an enlargement. Thanks again, Tony.

12-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
It is interesting that I keep coming back to this photo. The more I look it over the more I am captivated by it. Your composition is truly outstanding, the way you used the surroundings to frame the subject. Black and White is really difficult since it offers very little forgiveness, in that what you see is what you get. This shot obviously required a considerable amount of forethought and planning especially with available light. Again, I really enjoy this photo and wonder if you would mind if I borrowed it for a while in order to make an enlargement. Thanks again, Tony.

It's funny, I have shot this bridge since, and never quite got it as good. I would be happy to mail you the negative if you're still interested in enlarging it!
07-23-2018, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Just about every photographer in Ottawa takes some photos of this decommissioned bridge. Hopefully some day it will become a bike path or get incorporated into the light rail system.
Nice and simple.