Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Reflections of a cat
Posted By: Bokeh, 06-24-2008, 09:20 AM

I shot this a little while back and wanted to go ahead and post it. Nothing really special about the composition, its just the image I caught in my cats eye. I was messing around with a 70-200mm lens with a macro function on it that I picked up on Ebay for 20 bucks.

I noticed while shooting my cat (experimenting with eye clarity) that I was picking up the reflection from the window in the room in her eye. After a few other shots, I asked my fiance to stand by the window and hold her arm out. After many frustating shots (due to cats not being the most co-operartive of models) I managed to take this shot.

The main pic is Tattercat just laying in the sun. the crop show the reflection in her eye of my fiances arm. You can see the bend of her elbow and her hand.

Thought it was pretty cool. Was going to post this in the pet thread but there is already like 50 something pages.

So this is Caprice Tattercat the Ace of Spades. (Thats her Pound name when I got her{Caprice}, the name I gave her {Tattercat} and her Title {The Ace of Spades}) All animals are royalty of some sort in the animal kingdom. You just have to find their title as time goes by.

Please enjoy 'reflections of love in a cats eye'.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 1,998
06-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Just realized this might be a little hard to see. If you tilt your head to the left while you look at the crop you can see her arm in the window.

Let me know what you think.