Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Arkansas pics and strange happenings
Posted By: Bokeh, 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Went up to Arkansas this past weekend to check out Eureka Springs where my fiance and I are planning on getting married. Wonderful little chapel up there called Thorn Crown. Check it out on the web if you get a chance.

Had a weird experience tho....all weekend long all I saw were point and shoots. No DSLR's at all. Until this guy stops me while I am standing outside a photographers studio and says "Hey, is that a K10d?". I look over and this guy also had a K10d! We start talking and I find out that he is a member of this forum as well. How weird is that?

For the life of me I cant remember his nick. So if your out there reading this and its you please feel free to remind me!! Sorry, Im just horrible with names.

So anyway, Im shooting a few pics of this hillbilly band later and this other guy walks up and says "Hey, is that a D-ist*?". And Im like, ok, how weird is today going to get?

Turns out he shoots with an ist*, he just didnt have it on him. And he said he had posted a few things on the board. But, of course, I cant remember his name either.

So all weekend, no Canons, no Nikons, just a couple of Pentax K10's and 2 other people from the forum. What a weekend.

Unfortunately, the pics I took were nothing special. Here are just a few off the wall photos I kinda like.
Views: 3,066
06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
oopppss...forgot the pics
Attached Images

06-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like your shots. Eureka Springs is a scenic and fun place. If you haven't already been there, Myrtie May's buffet at the Best Western is one of the better, reasonably-priced, places to eat IMHO. I'm another Arkansas with a K10D, but not the one you ran into. Thanks for posting, and congrats on your engagement!
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks!

Yeah, Eureka is definitely a fun place. I think we saw signs for Myrtie May's but we did not eat there. Will give it a go when we go back in October.

I tell you what tho, Sonnys Pizza has the best pizza I have ever had! Period. I am a pizza fanatic and the pie that I got there....omg, I wanna go back right now.

Lol...thanks again.