Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Off camera flash
Posted By: alohadave, 06-24-2008, 06:04 PM

I got a couple Sunpaks, including an extension cord to allow off camera tethered shooting. I'm still working on technique to find out what works best.

Views: 1,676
06-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive Account

What sunpak model? I'm looking for some flashes but don't know what I'm going for yet...probably the Sigma 530 super.
06-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
These were with the Auto 26DX. I'm trying to wrap my head around the Strobist methodology, but it's outside my normal shooting style, so it's a challenge. Besides which I don't have a lot of accessories needed to really shoot off camera without handholding.
06-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Sunpak 522s with great success. They have lots of power, complete manual over-ride control to shoot full to 1/64th power, a tripod socket in the handle, and a bracket for attaching your camera so they are really versatile. You can use them alone or grouped together and their size makes them really portable too.

I use a three flash combination for portraits (key light, fill light, and background/hair light) and I doubt anyone can tell the difference between my results and a full blown 400+ watt/second studio set-up.

Ray