Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Samhain
Lens: K28/3.5 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Hastie Natural Area, Knoxville Tennessee ISO: 80 
Posted By: CreationBear, 11-07-2015, 08:29 PM

A twilight's wandering, a hardscrabble landscape, a bit of Celtic angst:

Views: 663
11-08-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dense woods you've got there, and almost bare already. I really like the layers in the last one, and that one open spot in front with the orangy leaf. The 28/3.5 seems to be a very nice lens for forest work.
11-08-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
The 28/3.5 seems to be a very nice lens for forest work.

Ha, does it count as a "forest" if you can hear the canon go off over at Neyland?

Seriously, though, it might just be the power of suggestion, but everything just seems to "fit" in the frame with the 28mm FL on a crop sensor the way you expect it to--a mixed blessing for a newbie like me...I sometimes need a tele or UWA to defamiliarize what I'm seeing through the viewfinder.
11-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Celtic angst
That's cos your on the wrong side of the puddle...

11-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha, one of the most entertaining (but probably mistaken) interpretations of the American Civil War was Grady McWhiney's "Attack and Die" thesis, which envisioned the Confederates as the last of a long line of Celtic warriors eager to throw themselves on the bare sword points of a more rational, imperial power (i.e. the Romans, and of course, the Sassenachs.) Given our predilection for alcohol and bouts of ecstatic violence, "an ocean away" might seem too close.

Attack and Die: Civil War Military Tactics and the Southern Heritage: Grady McWhiney, Perry D. Jamieson: 9780817302290: Amazon.com: Books
11-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mini-Cthulhu action figure sold separately...