Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
Reflexion in the harbour
Lens: Cosina 24mm 2.8 MC with CPL Camera: K200D Photo Location: Toulon, France ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: bygp, 11-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Took it because of exceptional light conditions, the CPL filter adds something to it. This cosina is my favorite, perhaps the SMC pentax-M 135 3.5 I'll have next week may beat it, not sure

Views: 955
11-15-2015, 09:38 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
Took it because of exceptional light conditions, the CPL filter adds something to it. This cosina is my favorite, perhaps the SMC pentax-M 135 3.5 I'll have next week may beat it, not sure

Great job. I truly enjoy scenes such as this. A busy looking harbor, even with a cruise ship, and yet there is so much serenity in the water's reflections. Thank you very much.

Bon Chance,

Adieu.

Tonytee
11-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Great job. I truly enjoy scenes such as this. A busy looking harbor, even with a cruise ship, and yet there is so much serenity in the water's reflections. Thank you very much.

Bon Chance,

Adieu.

Tonytee
Thanks very much for your positive feedback, it is very stimulating for me as I came back to DSLR photography only 4 months ago and learn a bit more everyday, I only MF focus and use only K or KA lenses. I currently own 5 lenses I had for cheap, the Vivitar series 1, this Cosina and my Auto chinon 50mm are my most beloved, I'll receive a SMC Pentax-M 135mm 3.5 this week from germany, hope it is clean and this one shall allow also very nice shots. I don't currently have the means to buy a focusing screen, don't know yet if I'll buy one or wait to have enough money to get my next camera : K-5
The K200D is great but is weak in low light, ISO 800 is the maximum decent sensibility you can use. This cosina, I got it for 10 euro for parts and repaired it within 2 hours, my best deal ATM

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 11:00 PM ----------

same place, other POV, using CPL :

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 11:01 PM ----------

11-16-2015, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
Thanks very much for your positive feedback, it is very stimulating for me as I came back to DSLR photography only 4 months ago and learn a bit more everyday, I only MF focus and use only K or KA lenses. I currently own 5 lenses I had for cheap, the Vivitar series 1, this Cosina and my Auto chinon 50mm are my most beloved, I'll receive a SMC Pentax-M 135mm 3.5 this week from germany, hope it is clean and this one shall allow also very nice shots. I don't currently have the means to buy a focusing screen, don't know yet if I'll buy one or wait to have enough money to get my next camera : K-5
The K200D is great but is weak in low light, ISO 800 is the maximum decent sensibility you can use. This cosina, I got it for 10 euro for parts and repaired it within 2 hours, my best deal ATM

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 11:00 PM ----------

same place, other POV, using CPL :

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 11:01 PM ----------

Such a deeply moving experience to see your country's flag at this time. We here are so deeply saddened by the events that have recently taken place. I believe it is as a deep wound to the heart for all of us. God Bless. Tonytee.

11-16-2015, 02:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Such a deeply moving experience to see your country's flag at this time. We here are so deeply saddened by the events that have recently taken place. I believe it is as a deep wound to the heart for all of us. God Bless. Tonytee.
Thank you very much Tonytee. Yes we all feel stressed here, as the danger is not only far away but on our ground.
They just discovered a war weapons stock in a building cave in Lyon this morning. All internal security forces are 200% active to track any "sleeping" soldiers.
This is no longer terrorism, this is war. But KSA and Daesh dream is to have the whole world being muslims or slaves, we can't let them go further and we need allies.
We feel much closer to you and understand better what you felt a certain 11th of september... (I suppose you're a U.S. citizen but don't know^^)
May God bless you too, brother.

Last edited by bygp; 11-16-2015 at 07:31 PM.
11-16-2015, 03:12 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Very nice pictures. I love the ambiance created by the reflections from the calm water. And the light is also good.
11-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
my current little K and KA lenses family, waiting for the last but not least 135mm :
  • Vivitar series 1 (kiron) 70-210mm 3.5 fixed aperture
  • Tokina SD II 70-210mm
  • Mitakon MC zoom 35-70
  • Auto chinon MC 50mm 1.7
  • Takumar-A 28mm 2.8
  • Cosina MC 24mm close focusing (on the K200)
waiting for the SMC Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 plus CPL filter and lens hood for the Vivitar. Also bought a 49mm CPL for the 135mm and other 49mm diam. lenses here, as I'm getting addicted to CPL power in improving sky aspect, reflexions increasing or decreasing and scenes colors. All of these photo aspects you can't change in LR post production.

---------- Post added 11-16-15 at 01:12 PM ----------

I find winter and mornings giving the best light conditions you can have in the place I live in :

(taken with 24mm cosina + skylight + CPL)

---------- Post added 11-16-15 at 01:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
Very nice pictures. I love the ambiance created by the reflections from the calm water. And the light is also good.
Thanks PePe, but I'm not the only author here, God's creation beauty is the main cause of such results

Last edited by bygp; 11-16-2015 at 07:29 PM.