Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Photos of me RARE ;-)
Posted By: LaRee, 06-25-2008, 09:52 PM

The other evening at sunset the light was really nice in the backyard. I asked my youngest son to step outside so I could snap a couple shots of him in the nice light. I didn't get any keepers myself. But my son asked me if he could take photos of me. This is the first time I've let him use the k10d. He has his own Panasonic FZ1v2 (a classic!) that he uses. Anyway, he told me exactly how he wanted me to pose. It cracked me up! I guess he's picked some things up by my posing him over the years? I am really impressed with what he came up with and I had to share these.
He told me how to hold my head and where to look. It was so funny!

And here is the one I picked for my profile pic. My sister cracked up at this shot because I look so much like my mom in it. Gee I miss that lady.

Funny kid set me up like that! Not bad for an 8 year old eh? Ok, I dialed things in for him before I handed the camera to him, but still I think he did a good job tripping the shutter. Now I have photos of me! The last one I had taken was 3 years ago by his brother and that was for a forum thread.
I did use portrait professional post processing on these. I had to, that tamron 28-70 is TOO dang sharp for THIS old lady! Another disclaimer, this is after I got home from work, so I'm not as "fresh" as I'd prefer to be for a portrait.
He'll be shooting with his camera at the wedding reception. I can't wait to see his photos.
Views: 3,260
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
3rd pic is my fav, your son is a natural.

06-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ahhh... finally...

A face to the name....OMG!!!!

Seriously, great series LaRee and I am impressed with the new photographer's skills his shots and the softening effect is a great combo. Nicely done!!

Regards,
Marc
06-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice shots and a great narrative to go with them. My fave would be the third as well -- such character!

Some day you will all be blessed by a photo of me. Until then I think my woodlice and snails will have to prepare you.
06-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are great for your young photographer LaRee
He's got an eye for it!

06-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
You look great in the portrait pose.

That helped the young phototgrapher to capture great pics here.

marcus
Thank you kindly Marcus.

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
3rd pic is my fav, your son is a natural.
Thank you for posting. Much appreciated.

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
A face to the name....OMG!!!!

Seriously, great series LaRee and I am impressed with the new photographer's skills his shots and the softening effect is a great combo. Nicely done!!

Regards,
Marc
After all this time I wonder how most folks had me pictured? lol Oh, and I just picked up Sterling's camera today and browsed the photos that he took at his brother's wedding this past Saturday. I am sure glad I thought to make sure he had his camera. But when the bride was walking up the isle with her dad and I was in position to shoot, I almost tripped over him! He was crawling at my feet with his camera! Dog-gone it, his dad pulled him back out of the way or I would have flew into the isle and the bride and her dad would have had to step over me! Yeesh.

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Very nice shots and a great narrative to go with them. My fave would be the third as well -- such character!

Some day you will all be blessed by a photo of me. Until then I think my woodlice and snails will have to prepare you.
LOL Hey, if I can get up enough courage, so can you.

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Those are great for your young photographer LaRee
He's got an eye for it!
Thanks Tom. I really do think he has a good eye. My favorite story is when I entered one of his shots at the PanaChallenge site and it came in a strong second place, after a truly stunning photo that grabbed first. No one knew they were voting on an eight year olds photo. It was immensely fun for me.