Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A Da*300, A K5IIs and NASCAR.
Lens: DA*300mm Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Phoenix, AZ 
Posted By: tstaxs, 11-17-2015, 10:22 PM

A couple photos from Last weeks NASCAR race in Phoenix, AZ. Racing photos shot from near the top of the turn 2 grandstands. I Was happy to test the Pentax set up with some low light action. The Da*300 was no slouch during the daylight hours however, the night photos did prove a little more challenging, Most shots were ISO 3200, F4, 1/200th. ISO 6400 is just a little too much noise for me. Photos edited in LR4. DALE JR. A very fun weekend shooting with my "non-sports" camera. ENJOY

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 952
11-17-2015, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Albums
AMAZING SHOTS !!!! Love this. great job. Surely needs fast lenses. (just some are a bit over-saturated IMO, but this is a question of tastes^^)

---------- Post added 11-17-15 at 10:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
AMAZING SHOTS !!!! Love this. great job. Surely needs fast lenses. (just some are a bit over-saturated IMO, but this is a question of tastes^^)
I realy want a K-5 ! So faster and able to shoot in low light... maybe I'll have enough cash to get one for christmas, hope so
11-18-2015, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Great photos!
I really want a DA* 300, but probably won't be able to afford for many years
11-18-2015, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

My favorites are # 2 and 4. Great shots of the pit and then that portrait...with the heat waves rising. Wonderful bokeh in that portrait.

11-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
A few More...

I bought my K5IIS and Da*300 used off Amazon after my K10D took a dive, it was a steep investment right away and I needed a few more overtime shifts to pay it off, but I haven't had a problem with either two, and I am really happy with the set up. There are some real deals out there you just got to look and as far as quality vs price, its hard to find a Canikon set up that will beat pentax.

I love the Da* to me its just enough reach for just about any object.

The night races were good for practicing tracking through your focus. I found that as the cars enter the turn there actual distance from the camera remains fairly constant. If you pick up the car around the start finish line and set the focus you find you stay in focus when the car hits the start of the turn. Shoot a few then track the car out of the turn, focus will reset just enough to hold the car for the exit of the turn. Now i know Pentax focus isn't the best for shooting a near action subject and then quickly switching to a distant action shot, but tracking your subject through the area you want to shoot, you'll end up with a bunch of keepers.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
11-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots, both dynamic and atmospheric. well done!