Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Sailboat on lightened sea
Lens: Cosina 24mm 2.8 MC Camera: K200D Photo Location: Toulon, France ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/15s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: bygp, 11-18-2015, 01:23 PM

I now know I can take night photos with my K200D in M mode at 800 iso and 1/10 to 1/20 S.P. Thanks to LR power filters

Sailboat on lightened sea
by Bruno Polleri, sur Flickr

Ferries departure

OKKO Yatch from C.I.

Irish pub close to the navy base
Views: 999
11-18-2015, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots. I love #2
11-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Great shots. I love #2
Thanks ! This Cosina is awesome for night shots, I guess my Auto Chinon MC 50mm f1.7 should also allow nice night shots. No need for a K-5 atm^^ Maybe when I'll have the cash for it...
11-18-2015, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That Cosina is certainly doing the business. I have the Auto Chinon MC 50mm f/1.7 also... a superb little lens, probably my favourite semi-fast fifty

11-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That Cosina is certainly doing the business. I have the Auto Chinon MC 50mm f/1.7 also... a superb little lens, probably my favourite semi-fast fifty
The SMC Pentax-M 135 3.5 I've got yesterday from a pro german seller is also a jewel and may do the job too as it is sharp enough at 3.5

First test shots of my new 135mm

But investing in a good tripod and a remote control is what I'll surely do next month, the best way to do real pro photos, mainly when using my huge Vivitar series 1 70-210 (kiron), so sad this zoom don't have a tripod mounting screw on it, it is too heavy to fix the camera on a tripod IMO, don't know how strong is the K200 mount ring fixation...
11-19-2015, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
The SMC Pentax-M 135 3.5 I've got yesterday from a pro german seller is also a jewel and may do the job too as it is sharp enough at 3.5
But investing in a good tripod and a remote control is what I'll surely do next month, the best way to do real pro photos, mainly when using my huge Vivitar series 1 70-210 (kiron), so sad this zoom don't have a tripod mounting screw on it, it is too heavy to fix the camera on a tripod IMO, don't know how strong is the K200 mount ring fixation...
Nice

Yes, I have the M 135 F3.5 also. Lovely lens - really nice to use. I find it's a bit prone to purple fringing unless stopped down, and even then can cause fringing in very high contrast areas - but the overall image quality is great, and yes - given the right subject, useable wide open.

I'm sure you can get some advice here on the forum as to how best to mount your camera + series 1 70-210 on a tripod. I'm having the same trouble with my own zooms right now, but there are solutions (it would seem) such as gimbal heads, geared heads etc...
11-19-2015, 04:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice

Yes, I have the M 135 F3.5 also. Lovely lens - really nice to use. I find it's a bit prone to purple fringing unless stopped down, and even then can cause fringing in very high contrast areas - but the overall image quality is great, and yes - given the right subject, useable wide open.

I'm sure you can get some advice here on the forum as to how best to mount your camera + series 1 70-210 on a tripod. I'm having the same trouble with my own zooms right now, but there are solutions (it would seem) such as gimbal heads, geared heads etc...
Thanks for these advises and additionnal info on the 135mm

11-19-2015, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These came out excellent.
11-19-2015, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, the Auto Chinon 50mm is sharper and allows nice bokeh (The cosina is a close focusing lens so you get bokeh only if very close from the subject, but the power of this cosina is that it has 2 functions : wide angle and close macro, the photo below is what I call close macro) but perhaps less dedicated to wide scenes when you are quite close from subject.

PaintShop - Color pencils

The cosina gives more punchy colors too, the chinon gives more natural but accurate tones.
11-19-2015, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #10
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the Auto Chinon 50mm is sharper and allows nice bokeh (The cosina is a close focusing lens so you get bokeh only if very close from the subject, but the power of this cosina is that it has 2 functions : wide angle and close macro, the photo below is what I call close macro) but perhaps less dedicated to wide scenes when you are quite close from subject.

PaintShop - Color pencils

The cosina gives more punchy colors too, the chinon gives more natural but accurate tones.
Excellent shot - great idea and nice angle
11-19-2015, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #11
Inactive Account

I like you shots a lot!
11-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much to all for your likes and stimulating feedbacks, I feel proud to get such images with entry level stuff, and this motivates me more and more to improve my skill and go hunting every day for new shots and make photography become my main hobby (I needed so much to have a real hobby, a passion). Getting close to 6000 hits on flickr after only 2 months stimulates too . This pentaxforum community is awesome, for technical advises, shares and so many nice people here, mainly from the U.S. (but as a french I consider you as our best allies and friends).
Thanks to all, may God bless America and all of you as he bless France with our Sainte-Marie mother prayers

She needs new hands, I'm working on it.

---------- Post added 11-19-15 at 07:22 PM ----------

And forgot this 'melancolic' one

Old sailboat by night
11-20-2015, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #13
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

[B]I feel proud to get such images with entry level stuff, and this motivates me more and more to improve my skill and go hunting every day for new shots
I think you nailed it - you just don't need the latest cameras or lenses to take beautiful photographs. An artist is an artist, regardless of equipment. "Better" cameras and lenses are fun to play with, but the photographic process and the resulting images are what it's all about, and a good photographer can make the differences in equipment seem very marginal indeed