Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The Endeavor, California Science Center
Lens: Sigma 8-16 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA 
Posted By: pixie, 11-22-2015, 11:47 PM

Rented out the Sigma just for this opportunity. The space shuttle exhibit is simply amazing. I was finding the shuttle bulky, not very aerodynamic, one of the guides said it didn't have to be, it isn't an airplane. It's a very heavy glider.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,049
11-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice photos... thanks for sharing.
11-23-2015, 12:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some pretty good shots there, the second especially. We went here over the summer and all I had was my cell. Nice to see the results on a real camera!
11-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aacjr Quote
Very nice photos... thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked viewing these.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Some pretty good shots there, the second especially. We went here over the summer and all I had was my cell. Nice to see the results on a real camera!
Thanks Jerry. Yeah, the second one has something about it. Too bad I clipped the wings off even at 8mm.

---------- Post added 11-23-15 at 03:01 PM ----------

Oops, misspelled the most important word in the title...

11-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Pretty much a brick with wings, proving that just about anything can fly if it's fast enough... Impressive as hell to watch something like that bird on landing - when you know they have exactly one shot at the runway it does kinda raise the suspense and expectation levels among the spectators.

I got to watch the Challenger landing at Edwards AFB in 1983 (STS-7 mission). A sight to remember

Jim
11-24-2015, 12:04 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Pretty much a brick with wings, proving that just about anything can fly if it's fast enough... Impressive as hell to watch something like that bird on landing - when you know they have exactly one shot at the runway it does kinda raise the suspense and expectation levels among the spectators.

I got to watch the Challenger landing at Edwards AFB in 1983 (STS-7 mission). A sight to remember
Nice summary, I agree and wish I could have seen a shuttle landing, and take off. I used to fly general aviation powered planes, but never flew a glider, the idea of having only one shot at a landing is daunting. Glider pilots are great https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549