Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
My ships are coming in.
Lens: Takumar F 70~210mm Camera: PENTAX K100D SUPER Photo Location: Lincoln City, Oregon ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Tonytee, 11-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Here I present to you a series of sports fishing boats. I was unable to ascertain the name of manufacturers, since there were no logos on the vessels. Each beginning photo has two or more photos after it. Thanks for looking and hope everyone enjoys. You will see why I continue to sing the praises for the Takumar F 70~210 mm F/4 lens. The Pentax K100D Super camera does a terrific job also.

Rgds,

Tonytee

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 

Views: 959
11-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

This shot really shows up the beauty of the vessel. I should put this one on my Christmas List.

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
11-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

This shot gives a good view of the actual size of the vessel. Very graceful and sleek looking. As one can see when comparing this shot to the previous two, some sharpness was sacrificed. I wonder if I should have re-sized this photo. Thanks for looking and please enjoy.

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by Tonytee; 11-27-2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added information
11-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

Here is a wonderful series of photos revealing one heck of a sports fishing vessel. At first sight I thought that this may be a commercial fishing boat because of its shear size. However, further scrutiny impressed me as friends and family just out for a day of excitement and fun. It was a very bright day with a lot of harsh sunlight, which every photographer knows is not an ideal situation. I thought I may have to hunt for a CPL, but fortunately it worked out very well without it.

Enjoy and thanks for looking,

Tonytee

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by Tonytee; 11-27-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling error
11-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

Here is the second pic., of the vessel. Quite an amazing ship she is.

Thanks for looking,

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
11-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

This is a very good impression of just how fast this vessel can move. Check the man at the helm. I believe a person has got to know his onions in order to pilot a ship like this. Exciting just to look at and imagine being aboard.

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
11-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

This one I feel is quite sensational considering trying to capture a ship moving at this speed. Here is a good view of the helmsman at work. I gotta say it again, I love this Takumar F 70~210 mm f/4 lens. Thanks for looking. Unfortunately it appears as though the photo is having to sacrifice some sharpness. Oh well, next time I will try to re-size the image.

Tonytee

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by Tonytee; 11-27-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added information
11-27-2015, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My ships are coming in!!

Last but not least, I felt it would be a good idea to show the folks (crew) that are crucial to the operations of a vessel like this one. I hope the image will not have to sacrifice any sharpness. Thanks for looking at all of these. As is evident I really had a wonderful day of shooting these scenes as well as many others.

Rgds,

Tonytee

P.S. Looks as though I did lose some sharpness. (
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF

Last edited by Tonytee; 11-27-2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Additional information
11-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Very nice serie Tonytee!
11-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Yep nice shots, great what you can still get out a K100D Close to what I can get in Toulon excepted the flag which is not the same although colours are close
From where did you take these ? A rock, hill, other boat ?
11-29-2015, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Very nice serie Tonytee!
Thank you very much and thanks for looking.

Tonytee

---------- Post added 11-29-15 at 04:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
Yep nice shots, great what you can still get out a K100D Close to what I can get in Toulon excepted the flag which is not the same although colours are close
From where did you take these ? A rock, hill, other boat ?
Thank you very much for your comments and for looking. Actually, I was on the sidewalk of a highway over pass. I did not have a very good vantage point, so I just did the best I could. The state of Oregon has mandated that no one is allowed to go down to the water's edge, because several people have plunged to their death due to the very strong under tows and high winds. Once a person falls in, that is all she wrote.

Merci,

Bon Chance,

Adieu. Tonytee