Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
some BWs
Posted By: axl, 06-27-2008, 01:24 AM

OK,
It's been a while since I posted some pictures, so I decided I will share some. I think I have some decent shots from my last outings. All were taken with Sigma 10-20 and as you can say, I'm pretty much into BW photos lately.
Any C&C appreciated,
BR

Gathering storm above Wellington Arch

Basking in the sun

Trafalgar Square

British Museum & Holland Park

Views: 1,333
06-27-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely, lovely, lovely! I used to photograph in BW all around that area when I was a student in the late 60s/early 70s. Your shots brought a bit of a lump to my throat. Your lens would certainly be a challenge to rein it at times - a very powerful piece of glass that really makes the viewer work and think about the images. I'd love to see the Trafalgar Square image in infra red...
Nice collection (as the actress said to the bishop).
06-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanx wombat,
lately I really like the look of BW so most of my shots ends in BW conversion these days. And yes 10-20 can be very powerfull tool, the FOV is just amazing...
06-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I should do more B&W myself. I enjoyed them all, thanks for sharing axl.

06-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
Damn Brit

Great shots Axl, I really like the Trafalgar Square shot. I would love to see the fountain water colorised so that it stands out from the sky. Great series of shots, thanks for posting.
Gary
06-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice series, Axl - #3 is a real grabber, the kind of thing you see hanging in a museum.

Jer
06-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Ole
Administrator

Great shots! Except perhaps the first one; it isn't really special and the composition is off. Perhaps crop from the right? The fountain shot is just excellent, and so is the stair case!

06-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
thanx wombat,
lately I really like the look of BW so most of my shots ends in BW conversion these days. And yes 10-20 can be very powerfull tool, the FOV is just amazing...
I've been experiencing this myself. Many of my shots get converted to BW lately.

Nothing as striking as yours though. Excellent work... I'd like to see the staircase shot poster size.
06-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I like them all, but #3 is definitely a favorite. Nice work