Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Lower Antelope Canyon
Posted By: slowpez, 12-08-2015, 07:08 AM

Tours of both the upper and lower slot canyons must be taken with a Navajo guide. If you are lucky, you will get a good guide who will allow you to take your time. The lower canyon was still a zoo. Narrow, little light and so many people that it is amazing I could get a shot off much less end up with some I liked. We were allowed to use a tripod (we took the photographer's tour) so that certainly helped. The upper canyon is the one that you see photographed the most it has wonderful shafts of light coming through the top. The lower canyon is all color and texture. Hope you enjoy these. I will post some vertical shots later.

Last edited by slowpez; 03-27-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Views: 1,781
12-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
At first I thought, "Yawn, I've seen stuff like this a zillion times." I was wrong: these are something else--better than the other zillion by far!

12-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
At first I thought, "Yawn, I've seen stuff like this a zillion times." I was wrong: these are something else--better than the other zillion by far!
Wow, not that is a "make me feel really, really good" statement. Thank you.
12-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing. These are just breathtaking. Antelope Canyon has always been on my bucket list and if the cards fall right, my older son and I will get a chance to visit in 2017. He's a Pentax shooter also (K-50).
12-09-2015, 11:24 PM   #19

Beautiful!

12-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Thanks for sharing. These are just breathtaking. Antelope Canyon has always been on my bucket list and if the cards fall right, my older son and I will get a chance to visit in 2017. He's a Pentax shooter also (K-50).
I sure hope you make it. Make sure you pay the extra to go on one of the photographer tours. You can bring a tripod on those and have a little more time to set up, etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by monoloco Quote
Beautiful!
Thank you.