Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Adam
Posted By: rmtagg, 06-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Yay, I got to shoot a person! I really need to shoot more people I need the practice

Views: 1,927
06-28-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
Great shot, Rosemary.

The hands are cut off below the frame. Otherwise you have great skin tone and colour rendering
06-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,205
Rosemary - this is a cool shot, in both senses of the work. It's calm and I dig the "blue" cast.

Jer
06-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,713
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Yay, I got to shoot a person! I really need to shoot more people I need the practice
Good thing that we all know you meant with a camera or the FBI would be circling your house already

Otherwise it's a good shot Rosemary, Keep it up

06-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member
rmtagg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warrington, PA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,271
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Great shot, Rosemary.

The hands are cut off below the frame. Otherwise you have great skin tone and colour rendering
Will have to watch that! thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Rosemary - this is a cool shot, in both senses of the work. It's calm and I dig the "blue" cast.

Jer
Hm, too much blue? I am learning photo shop but have a long ways to go.


QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Good thing that we all know you meant with a camera or the FBI would be circling your house already

Otherwise it's a good shot Rosemary, Keep it up
LOL, you might be right Stu! He is going into the State Police acadmey in few months
06-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member
devisor's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,473
nice start

hope this advice is good .
the crop is already sayd something about.. The pose is ok, more direct pose would make him look more (strong, in lak of knowing the english word). I would put im in a other element, the flowers around him gets me think that he is waiting for a girlfriend. If it's a portrait you want of him. You should place him in a element that looks more natural for him.
06-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member
rmtagg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warrington, PA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,271
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
nice start

hope this advice is good .
the crop is already sayd something about.. The pose is ok, more direct pose would make him look more (strong, in lak of knowing the english word). I would put im in a other element, the flowers around him gets me think that he is waiting for a girlfriend. If it's a portrait you want of him. You should place him in a element that looks more natural for him.
LOL, I totally agree about location. He came up for a visit and asked if I would take a few shots of him. So spur of the moment shots we have scheduled a shoot for the 13th so will post some after wards
06-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2007
Location: singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,113
handsome

Your subject is nice, handsome young man.

I tot if the subject can be isolated thru bigger aperture to throw the background out of focus.

marcus

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People Adam Lee chacoansun Post Your Photos! 1 08-23-2010 01:01 PM
People Adam Voytech Photo Critique 8 11-25-2009 11:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top