Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Greater Vancouver Zoo
Posted By: metalfab, 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM

The Family went to the zoo today. I've heard mixed reviews about the Greater Vancouver Zoo; some say awful some say great. With this in mind I thought I'd give JPG a try for the day. It is also a trial run for the large road trip we have in a month from now. So without further delay here are the unedited JPGs (except crop/resize) straight from the K200D.

Oh and my opinion of the GVZ; not worth it. A fair share of the animals looked very, shall we say, neglected. I did not include those photos. The grounds look very low maintained as well. If anyone comes to Western Canada and wants to see a zoo, go to the Calgary Zoo, I can highly recommend it.

The rest can be found here;
Pentax K200D Photo Gallery by metalfab at pbase.com

Views: 1,723
06-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zoos make me feel incredibly sad.
06-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #3

We go there all the time, and though not a GREAT zoo, it is under new managment and they are slowly fixing what the other owners did SO wrong!

In the last 4 months since we have been going. A LOT has been done, so I have hope it will only get better. But YES! There is a BIG long way to go!!!

ALL my shots, except a few when we went to Seattle Zoo ( Now that is a zoo!) anf a few from when we lived in Toronto (NOW THAT'S A ZOO!!) are shot there!
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bad news for the GVZ, the lion ate the eagle. Seems as though the eagle flew into the lion cage while trying to avoid nagging crows, got distracted and well, bye, bye birdy.

06-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
Forum Member

Nice pics. The first pic is beautiful, the color, clarity and depth just awesome
06-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I worked for the farmer with their hay contract around 15 years ago, loading up their barns.
And was allowed to tour the full place, even where most people aren't allowed to see.

It wasn't perfect, but I remember it being in decent shape back then.

Too bad about those monkeys about 2 months ago there