Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Monument Valley 2
Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Utah/Arizona 
Posted By: slowpez, 12-15-2015, 07:06 PM

Five more from this fascinating area. We weren't sure where the planes came from in the third shot. My husband didn't recognize them and they definitely weren't the blues or the thunderbirds. Maybe a team from another country practicing? We did see the thunderbirds making several passes over the Tetons. Look like they were doing publicity shots. Sadly, the camera was not where it should have been. That would have been a great shot. So much for the would have or could have beens................

Last edited by slowpez; 03-27-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Views: 381
12-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another great place. You commented on the John Wayne movies made in this area in another thread. One of the coolest things I have been done was (by chance, not planned) when we booked into the View Hotel and sitting on our 2nd floor balcony as the sun set and the light faded, but still enough to see, a John Wayne movie started playing on the wall of the hotel. It was unbelievably fun to sit there and look at the movie and then look away to that exact scene in the fading light.
Simple things I know, but sometimes they are the greatest.
12-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Another great place. You commented on the John Wayne movies made in this area in another thread. One of the coolest things I have been done was (by chance, not planned) when we booked into the View Hotel and sitting on our 2nd floor balcony as the sun set and the light faded, but still enough to see, a John Wayne movie started playing on the wall of the hotel. It was unbelievably fun to sit there and look at the movie and then look away to that exact scene in the fading light.
Simple things I know, but sometimes they are the greatest.
What a fantastic way to end an evening. Simple things are always the best.