Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Pentax Fisheye can't believe it's eyes.....
Lens: DA 10-17 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Hong Kong 
Posted By: noelpolar, 12-18-2015, 03:08 AM

Needed a wide fisheye to fit all this pentax product on display at a Hong Kong camera shop yesterday..... one of 3 product displays. A bit pricey though.

Views: 1,050
12-18-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'll have the everything, please!
12-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now that looks like Christmas.
12-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Shouldn't that all be under my tree?

12-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They actually have an FA 31 ltd. in a really big box for such a little lens. I've never actually seen any FA ltd. in a store.

If they had a 77 I'd be really impressed.

QuoteQuote:
one of 3 product displays. A bit pricey though.
Someone has to pay for the discount on all those open box specials.
12-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh go on....you know resistance is futile.
Been out to Mongkok yet ? some great camera shops out there to.
12-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

If they had a 77 I'd be really impressed
There is one......crappy crop though... they had 645Zs as well

The DA 14 impressed me...... but $5,000 HKD for a DA 10-17... which is about a $1k aussie/Canadian

Was in Mongkok. Going to wonder back today and have a better look..... will be better prepared.....ie no Wife this time.

12-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
Pentaxian

That would be dangerous for me.

I long ago I decided since i bought my Sigma 70 macro which is just an excellent lens, I would never consider a 77. But when I look through images on the forum, the 77 impresses me more than any other lens. My credit card could fall out of my wallet by accident. I never want to be left alone in a store with that lens. I might not be able to be responsible for my own actions. I might turn up at home with that stupid grin on my face saying "Look what I bought." It's a terrifying lens.

The scary thing is, the pictures I like are Rondec's kids and LeRolls images, and I have absolutely no opportunity to take those types of images. I mostly use my 70 for macro. It would rot in my bag.

Last edited by normhead; 12-18-2015 at 05:41 PM.
12-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That would be dangerous for me.

I long ago I decided since i bought my Sigma 70 macro which is just an excellent lens, I would never consider a 77. But when I look through images on the forum, the 77 impresses me more than any other lens. My credit card could fall out of my wallet by accident. I never want to be left alone in a store with that lens. I might not be able to be responsible for my own actions. I might turn up at home with that stupid grin on my face saying "Look what I bought." It's a terrifying lens.

The scary thing is, the pictures I like are Rondec's kids and LeRolls images, and I have absolutely no opportunity to take those types of images. I mostly use my 70 for macro. It would rot in my bag.
Were in a pretty similar boat..... I love the 77 but don't have the subjects to use it with all that often...... just becomes another under utilised lens gem. Much the same dilema as geting say the new FF will be for me next year..... won't probally do anything useful for my photography.
12-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
There is one......crappy crop though... they had 645Zs as well

The DA 14 impressed me...... but $5,000 HKD for a DA 10-17... which is about a $1k aussie/Canadian

Was in Mongkok. Going to wonder back today and have a better look..... will be better prepared.....ie no Wife this time.
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Was in Mongkok. Going to wonder back today and have a better look..... will be better prepared.....ie no Wife this time
Its been a few years since I have been there Noel, but Mongkok had two really good stores, Manshing Photo and Wingshing Photo. Stanley St (not to be confused with Stanley on the other side) in the City was also worth a walk.
Jade markets were great, and you can take the better half to Mongkok, there is the Ladies market....nice trade off.
12-19-2015, 02:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
but Mongkok had two really good stores, Manshing Photo and Wingshing Photo.
Went to both of these this afternoon...... fancy a new K10? They're on sale...... 50% off! Also had a MZ 7 for sale....

New K10s
by Noel Leahy, on Flickr
12-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No bargains there. Mongkok is (at least it was) an interesting place, as was Hong Kong in general.