Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Melancholy Leaf
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Lake Jackson, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 12-26-2015, 03:41 PM

This is one of the first test shots from my Christmas present - a Panasonic Lumix LX100, which replaces my Panasonic LX5 as my "casual" camera for those times I don't want to carry around the bulk of a DSLR and a bag of lenses.

Other than occasionally casting an eye on Pentax body/lens developments, I don't "follow" cameras and outside of Pentax DSLR offerings I've no idea what's available. So, I used B&H's search/selection tool and the LX100 popped out as - for me - the best combination of size, lens speed and sensor size.

Jer


Views: 525
12-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,345
Now that's what you call getting wedged!
12-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,939
Looks a bit like "product placement" to me.
12-27-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,934
I suppose next you will be eyeing a selfie stick?

12-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
luftfluss's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,428
Can't argue with this result from the LX100. The OOF area looks excellent.
12-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,669
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Now that's what you call getting wedged!
It is definitely stuck there, EM. Thanks for looking.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Looks a bit like "product placement" to me.
You're right - maybe I ought to turn over a new leaf.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I suppose next you will be eyeing a selfie stick?
It's on next year's list, Susan.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Can't argue with this result from the LX100. The OOF area looks excellent.
Thanks - I was pleased with this look, as well. With a house full of family, I haven't been able to do much shooting, but I'll explore the camera more thoroughly this week.

Jer
08-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #7
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,235
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
This is one of the first test shots from my Christmas present - a Panasonic Lumix LX100, which replaces my Panasonic LX5 as my "casual" camera for those times I don't want to carry around the bulk of a DSLR and a bag of lenses.

Other than occasionally casting an eye on Pentax body/lens developments, I don't "follow" cameras and outside of Pentax DSLR offerings I've no idea what's available. So, I used B&H's search/selection tool and the LX100 popped out as - for me - the best combination of size, lens speed and sensor size.

Jer
I like the simplicity
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, lx100, panasonic, pentax, photo, size
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pets melancholy sheep olegp Post Your Photos! 6 07-27-2018 07:41 PM
Macro From Leaf to Leaf...... eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 04-18-2015 07:50 AM
Weekly Challenge Weekly Challenge Winners #124 - Melancholy Iris Weekly Photo Challenges 17 02-10-2010 10:17 AM
Weekly Challenge Weekly Challenge #124 - Melancholy Iris Weekly Photo Challenges 41 02-08-2010 10:32 AM
Winter melancholy gawan Post Your Photos! 21 01-18-2009 10:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top