Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

The Founder
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 12-27-2015, 08:58 AM

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If she wasn't the Founder of the "Spot the Kerrowdown Club" she should have been
This was the woman who started off the "Spot The Kerrowdown" club, a total complete stranger looking straight back down my lens through her lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 12-27-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Views: 2,369
12-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kerrowdown.......you know by now that the most charming of women are always the most dangerous....and Mrs Rupert is indeed very charming!

She's kind to animals...stuffed animals...but does not care for my squirrels or raccoons. Often threatens to shoot them.....

Regards!

12-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Never been hit with one....but I can tell you a cast iron frying pan is a deadly weapon!

Regards!
Being hit with a cast iron frying pan is not fun. Hitting yourself with it as I did is even more of a stupid but possible feat. Yes it's true.
12-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
She was from Texas......I spotted it right away...the big purse just like Mrs Rupert's......full of guns!

Regards!
Good thing she pulled a camera out instead of a gun Pretty wimpy camera for a Texas mama don't you think? Don't they tote big DSLRs with long lenses down there?
12-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KC0PET Quote
Good thing she pulled a camera out instead of a gun Pretty wimpy camera for a Texas mama don't you think? Don't they tote big DSLRs with long lenses down there?
Lol, at least one of us does... My camera bag is way way bigger than my little back pack purse. I don't pack a gun, I pack a mini cattle prod.

---------- Post added 12-28-15 at 12:01 AM ----------

Is "Kerrowdown" on that tourist list she holding?

12-28-2015, 05:04 AM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Being hit with a cast iron frying pan is not fun. Hitting yourself with it as I did is even more of a stupid but possible feat. Yes it's true.
You didn't think you would get away without telling us the full story did you?
12-28-2015, 05:07 AM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
All I'm gonna say was that I was led to believe everything was bigger in Texas...

That was said to me by a Texan.
12-28-2015, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
You didn't think you would get away without telling us the full story did you?
Okay, you's done ask fer it, here is the story, how the events unfolded to where I actually managed to hit my own self with a cast iron skillet. First off I like to cook.... A lot. One of the things I like to cook is chicken fried steak, fried catfish or shrimp, and the homemade onion rings. I think in this case it was the huge batch of homemade onion rings that was the culprit in this event as It resulted in having a skillet full of grease after the cooking was over.
The second thing that started the whole messed up ordeal was that I could not just dump the grease anywhere since the Heeler dog Ming has a pancreas condition so she cannot have fat.... Not much at all. ( yes neighbors that hated her could throw bacon or Velveeta over the fence and kill pup in one fell swoop.... Shhhhhh) so I could not dump the grease outside, pup would eat it, I could drive it 13 miles and dump it in a trash can in town.... Nah... Don't want grease inside my jeep, sooo I can't put it down the drain..... We have a septic system, usually I save a coffee can and put it in there and dump it in the trash right before the trash truck gets here, but it left already, ughhhhh , I could put it and the veggie scraps in the mulch bin..... Okay so grease is not supposed to go into the garden mulch bin. But just that once I did it anyway, I marched my cast iron skillet outside full of grease and veggie scraps and dumped it in the tall mulch bin. Then I had to put the door back on the mulch bin but that took two hands and I had to put the skillet down and Ming of course followed me every step of the way.
I could not put the pan on the ground because it still had enough grease residue to make the dog sick so I put the pan where she can't get it..... ON TOP of the ROLLY mulch bin. The door attatched with hinges and latches so I finally got that back on. My husband drives up with groceries or something so I got distracted and forgot about the skillet.
Well a couple days later I cannot find that skillet, searched everywhere, cooked without it, looked some more, then I brought more veggie scraps out to the big tall rolling mulch bin. I put the hinged and latched door back on and grabbed the spin crank on the side an spun as hard as I could .... Only to be whacked right in the forehead with the missing cast iron skillet. Right before I seen stars..... I seen my saliva leave my mouth.... Fell forwards onto the ground..... And was momentarily stunned, I was however aware enough to see hazily that my dogs were all standing around me with their collective heads turned sideways, like " "Wow, never seen her do that trick before!". Pain.... Aghhhhh pain..... Cast iron skillets ought to be on the weapons list. That was from one hit, I guarantee it will take someone down if you are really aiming. That was just a free fall from a couple feet that hit me. My head hurt in that spot for a month. Yes everything is bigger in Texas including stupid things you can do to yourself.

Last edited by sherrvonne; 12-28-2015 at 12:29 PM.
12-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Is "Kerrowdown" on that tourist list she holding?
Infamous in certain circles I may be... but with the Scottish Tourist board I'm pleased to say, that they are less familiar with the antics of the Kerrowdown.
12-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Okay, you's done ask fer it
I could sense there was a good tale in there somewhere and I wasn't proved wrong with this one.
12-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pain.... Aghhhhh pain..... Cast iron skillets ought to be on the weapons list. That was from one hit, I guarantee it will take someone down if you are really aiming.
In some distant lands they are weapons:

12-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kc0pet Quote
in some distant lands they are weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd73y4pyma
lol lol lol lol
12-29-2015, 02:04 AM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
In some distant lands they are weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNd73Y4PYMA
Brilliant, good find.
12-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did you invite her to handle a real camera?
12-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm sure Mrs Rupert is absolutely charming woman,
Having spent time with her and Jim on a few occasions, I will confirm that she is indeed. (and, obviously, she has the patience of a saint )

Last edited by Parallax; 12-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.
12-31-2015, 02:06 AM   #30
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I will confirm that she is indeed
See I knew it all along... that old Rupert makes out he's so hard done by on a regular basis.

Bet Mrs Rupert doesn't to get to read what goes on around here.